cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Old You View Box Pic Quality Problem

Go to solution

Hi all

My parents have a original BT you view box that has never worked with HDMI so have had to use the scart  connection this however is degrading and the pic quality is getting worse, can we update the physical box for a newer one, also they are looking at a new tv and this dosent have scart connections 

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Old You View Box Pic Quality Problem

Go to solution

Do they have a BT TV subscription of any kind? 

If so they can recontract and would get a new box with HDMI output, but would need to move to one of the current BT TV packages. 

If not, there are plenty of YouView boxes on eBay or if they fancy something new, they can look at a Freeview Play box.

If they get a new TV, it may well come with Freeview Play and apps built in. Depending on their viewing habits/taste, they may not need a box at all.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi

Yes they have the sports pack and have had it since the service began, father fan of rugby and cricket which he records as well as tv programs, he tried to get a new box b4 the lockdowns but he got nowhere with BT aparantly they just suggested looking at the settings, he is not very teccy unlike me, I’ve setup the BT app on a separate tv with fire stick and the pic is fine, plugged it into the tv where the bt box is and it’s fine as well so I know it’s the box, it’s just wether bt will send out a new box based on my findings

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

If your parents are still within contract then just report their box as faulty and it will be replaced

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @leccyhead,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if your parent's BT TV box isn't working with HDMI. Have you tried another HDMI cable to make sure it's not the cable thats faulty?

If your Parents are still under contract for BT TV they would be able to get the box replaced. If you send me the details I'll be able to take a look at their account to see if one could be sent.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Hi Paddy

Yes i have tried 3 different cables and hooked up my blu-ray player and that works ok on the tv, im 99% sure its the BT TV box

Thankyou for the message i will fill out the relevant details asap

Many Thanks for your help

Regards, James

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @leccyhead,

Thank you for posting back. I think you're right and it sounds like the box is at fault.

I can see your PM in our queue. We'll take a look at this for you and one of the team will be in touch.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi Paddy

Thankyou

Kind Regards

James

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @leccyhead,

Thank you for sending in those details. I've arranged for a replacement box to be sent.

I've dropped you a PM with the details. If you need anything else, please let me know?

Thanks,

Paddy