cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Prime Videos ending too soon

Go to solution

Hi - I've recently watched programmes on Prime and they end a good minute before they are supposed to and skip right on to the next episode before concluding. This was not happening a week ago so suspect something has changed with the latest update. The programmes were 'Celebrity Help My House is Haunted' on Discovery+ Subscription Channel (on amazon as I don't have the app yet on this box) and Judge Judy on Amazon Freevee - haven't checked any others but I presume this is effecting everything on Prime. I'm on an older BT box.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Prime Videos ending too soon

Go to solution

The Prime app was recently updated, in order to fix several bugs that caused it to crash, the new update might of brought new issues.

To rule out the Youview box, do you have other hardware you can use to try watching something that previously ended early? then you can rule out hardware Vs the app software.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks and yes - I suspect the update is the issue as I was watching the same programmes problem free before it only a week or so ago.

I've tried watching the exact same episodes on the Prime Windows App on my PC and there is no problem with them on there.

I should add that on the box there is no way to cancel skipping to the next episode - you get a 4 second count down which you can pause but that's it.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
What happens when you press Return when the timer is counting down?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I'll try that and get back to you

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

There's no Return button on my remote - nothing else I have tried has worked

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Just watched a movie on FreeVee Prime and it ended about 8 minutes before it should have. Trying to replay the movie I was able to watch approx a further 30 seconds of it before it ended again - that's when I paused and took the pic below. I also enclose a picture of my box specs. Prime is my most used app on the box so I hope you will be able to fix this soon.

DSC_0043.jpgDSC_0044.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Things have returned to normal now - thanks if that has been sorted at your end. Videos now end when they should and you can now cancel the countdown to the next video if you wish. Thanks.

0 Ratings