cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 52

Re: Prime video crashing after 1 minute

David. 

Watched a whole film ( Kandahar, 120 minutes ) last night, without any problems. although, it still took an age to load.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 52

Same here, I am watching the Jack Ryan series and for the second evening running I have not had any crashes....agree it is still quite slow loadng and responding but at least when you get there you can watch a whole programme without freezing or crashing!

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 52

Sedgy.  A vast improvement.  I'll see what it's like with the rugby tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 52

This is an ongoing problem with us too. I have just registered with this forum with the same question and see a solution may be here or on the horizon, which would be wonderful! Fingers crossed that my husband can watch the rugby today without the usual frustration and disappointment 🤞🤞🤞Thanks to everyone for highlighting this issue with BT and thank you BT for acknowledging that there is a problem

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 52

Hi

It seems this is an issue once again. It has happened to me on a number of occasions over the past few months and is now driving me insane. Today, I sat down to enjoy a film, no such luck. Trains, Planes and Automobiles was just about to give us all a  much needed laugh. To start with was slow, as the loading of Amazon always is. Got past the credits and about 2 mins of film, crashed back to the menu, not found in continue watching so search for it. Start again, resume and eventually got to about 3 mins in, same result. Turn BT box off, wait for it to re-boot, choose amazon app, again film does not show in continue watching, find it again, same old same old , get 3 mins into film crashes back to menu again. I am seriously considering giving sky a chance, because as an aside to my main problem with Amazon, I notice I have freeview channels I cannot acces, e.g 171 to 60's channel, it shows in my list but I cannot choose it, yet settings show it has a 89% in the strength of signal. But as I say that aside it's the Amazon problem that BUGS the hell out of me. Please can you take a look at this again??

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 52

Sorry to hear about your problem Sedgy.  When I had it, a BT engineer told me, that they had done some tinkering with the software in the particular version of the BT box that I am using, and that  has cured it. Although, it is still VERY slow to load Amazon Video, and others. If I load it onto my Apple TV box, it is almost immediate.

What model of TV box do you have?

I should keep on at them. After all, you are paying for something that you cannot fully use.

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 52

Hi Brimar

My box is a HUMAX and says model name DTR-T2100/500G/BT/DF. We have never had a change and I have had it for many years, so I did wonder if we should have it upgraded. Did you raise a fault with BT on it?

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 52

Same model as mine. And Yes, I did raise a fault with BT.

Good Luck.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 52

I spent two and a half hours today using the online chat, with them talking me through doing a factory reset and ending up in the same position as when I started, in all 5 different people took over the chat, I was fuming by the end and now I am expecting a Home Tech Expert to visit me on Friday. You would not believe some of the rubbish they came up with during the chat!

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 52

Oh. Yes. Been there, done that.So I know the feeling. Let’s hope that you have more success with the “ Home Tech Expert “. Let us know how you get on.

0 Ratings