cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 52

Re: Prime video crashing after 1 minute

I thought it was only me having issues with Amazon not even loading, but Apple TV+ was doing the same last night.  Probably to do with the EE rebrand. See what happens tonight when I try to watch .

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 52

Hi Bluemoon

This is a long standing issue with Amazon Prime and I am not the only one it affects. I can access all other apps without problem, the mains ones I use are, BBCiPlayer, Netflix, Amazon Prime and ITVx. Amazon is the only one that causes a problem via the box. I am having a visit from a Tech expert on Friday, which seesm a little excessive for a problem with 1 app but I hope it will sort it once and for all!

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 52

I assure you that you are not alone in this. And, I don't think that it is anything to do with the EE rebrand.

This has been going on for a loooong time.

I have not had any problems for a while now. Apart from the VERY SLOW loading of Prime. Neither have I had any problems with Apple TV.

Good luck for tonight.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 52

@brimar I unplugged my BT box from the mains left it for 30secs plugged back in and watched Apple TV + and Amazon without any problems. Happy days.  

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 52

Hi Brimar

Well, Broadband engineer, here 10 mins seems to have fixed my Amazon problem. Why they could not have suggested this at the online help I don't know, I will never use them again, they are clearly just script readers. He accessed by Hub settings and changed the default channel setting from SMART settings to another channel in my case this was 6 on the 2.4GHz and 36 on the 5GHz and he also changed the wireless mode to 2. He said this should make the the wifi more stable. I have tried Amazon, it played with no buffering or kicking me out for more than 40 mins. So the final test will be to watch it at peak time maybe tonight, but I feel hopeful 😊

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 52

So Sedgy,

BT obviously know how to hopefully fix the problem. And, I am sure that this could be done remotely.

What I don't understand is, why this is not done to everyone who has the same problem. It would go a long way to calm a lot of disgruntled BT customers.

Has it made any difference to the loading speed on Amazon?

Good luck tonight.

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 52

Hi Brimar

Yes we watched a whole film, planes, trains and automobiles all the way through, no buffering at all. Yes, it does load a little quicker, so it seems all OK. He did say that if we had to have a factory restore on the hub it would return it to the default settings but now I know what to change that won't be too much of an issue as that is a rare occurence anyway. Happy days! Merry Christmas one and all 😀

0 Ratings
Message 38 of 52

Brilliant mate. I’m pleased for you.

A merry Christmas to you all.

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 52

I have had the same issue for a long time.  Box replaced factory reset done.  I've tried everything and still shuts down.  No problem with any other apps on the Bt box or prime on any other device.  

Can someone in bt please sort this out for me

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 52

Hi @saabina I'm sorry you're having problems with the Prime app on your Tv box. Can you explain your setup in more detail? What box do you have and how is it connected to your Hub? 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings