cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 17

Re: Prime freezing and crashes on BT TV

Hi.

I had a similar problem to @bob46 but only with the Prime app, however as well as the video controls being extremely sluggish (eg approximately 10 seconds to respond to pause) all other buttons on the remote were locked while the app was active, even the volume, and all I could do to recover was power cycle the box.  Carrying out the process suggested by @Neil0 has not improved the video control sluggishness one iota. However I can now switch to other apps or go back to TV channels without the powercycle.

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 1 of 17

Although this has worked for the previous bob46. It most certainly NOT worked for me.

Once more, I am paying through the nose, for a service that I cannot use.

It's about time BT got this sorted!

Message 3 of 17

Prime video is an amazon service, so they would need to resolve the bugs on the youview app. 

I would advise using another streaming device to access prime video in the meantime, which will also allow you to watch free FAST channels including CNN etc. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

That's all very well. I have streamed through an Apple TV Box without any problems. But, I am still paying BT through the nose, for SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY. As I have said many times before. COMPLAIN. COMPLAIN.  COMPLAIN.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Well you have complained but the prime video app won't be fixed overnight 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

That's quite funny. Fixed " over night ".  This problem has been on going for months, if not years.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

@brimar are you still using one of the humax variant (T2100 or T4000) boxes ? If so consider discussing moving to the Box Pro.

That said even moving to the Box PRo won't currently get you the latest Prime app as its drivers need update.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Thank's for that. Zulu17. Yes, I am still using the T2100. But, if changing to the PRO box will not make any difference, there is not a lot of point. Is there ?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Realistically @brimar the DTR2100 was launched  according to reviews of the time c Feb 2014  so it is over 10 years old from launch. Typically PVR type functionality (eg viewing aerial channels/recording them) tend to continue to work well and PSB players are maintained to provide at least basic level of catchup/ondemand of their PSB content.

Commercial subscription apps  tend to have to continue to develop & compete by adding more features and content  so eventually there will come a point where they would struggle to run as effectively on older tech boxes compared with more recent tech.

So i would expect you get a better level of performance than you are experiencing if you did move from the T2100 assuming that your issues are not being caused by a broadband problem.

The main  issue with the PRO box currently not having the  latest functionality is I understand related to an upgrade to its drivers being  needed to allow  Amazon to update the Prime app to include its FAST channels.  (there is also a bit of a two tiered functionality depending upon hardware as to whether the Amazon app  has Rewind, pause and fast forward  available  on its own live sports streams).

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 17

Also it looks like Netflix basic support is going to end on the T2100 as it won't support Netflix with ads and Netflix basic without ads is being withdrawn

https://community.bt.com/t5/TV-Content-including-TNT-Sports/Netflix-Basic/td-p/2389941

0 Ratings