cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Remote control issues

Hi, I’ve been with BT for 7 years and my equipment is so slow and dated. My remote has not lost some functions, such as the down arrow not working. 

Firstly, any suggestions with a remote that doesn’t fully work?

Secondly, will BT provide new equipment to existing customers or is this only to new customers? 

thanks in advance 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Remote control issues

@Sparks89 

BT will give you a new Box Pro if you ring up and ask, likely a Box Mini as well, though they may want you to renew your contract.

As your existing box is more than 7 years old (dates from before 13 December 2019) it’s yours to keep, even if BT send you a returns bag; you don’t have to return it.

Replacement remotes are freely and cheaply available from a site named after a well-known South American river.

The buttons can fail physically on old remotes, but you could try a reset, depending on exactly which remote it is:-

https://www.bt.com/help/tv/fix-a-problem/remote/which-remote-do-you-have/resetting-your-remote-contr....

—————————————————————————————————————
*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, finally an EE TV subscriber, but with a few issues still to be ironed out ***