cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 229

Re: Skysports UHD channels on my TV today

When I think about it, isnt Boost 5 quid directly with Now? I expect 10 would probably include the original boost, but then I wouldnt be surprised of for both its around 15.....I'd love Sky Sports Main Event in UHD though, I hope it comes to the EETV Box so I can record it when I cant always make the kick off times.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 229

I think Sky direct (not NOW) you had to pay for HD sports as an extra - and UHD was only available as another extra to HD subscribers.

@naylor2006wrote:

When I think about it, isnt Boost 5 quid directly with Now? I expect 10 would probably include the original boost, but then I wouldnt be surprised of for both its around 15.....I'd love Sky Sports Main Event in UHD though, I hope it comes to the EETV Box so I can record it when I cant always make the kick off times.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 229

It possibly varies but for me my Sky Stream it was just £6 for UHD but where they really cashed in was 'whole home' at £12.  Which does make me think that Ultra Boost might well be at least £10 on top of the standard £6 boost. I think the unlikely best case scenario would be just another £6 on-top but I doubt it.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 229

Ive never had Sky TV so only have experience of NOW or in the past sharing someone's SkyGo.

The charge for us BT customers will be passed on by BT so I indeed will be curious what that decide to do.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 25 of 229

Yeah I think there is a chance that directly via BT will be a cheaper option. I’d consider that but they seem to have got rid of the TNT (nee BT) Sports only package which I still have for ~£10pm and don’t want to lose that. Which is why I haven’t come back to BT for Sky Sports thus far.  

Interesting times ahead I certainly wasn’t expecting UHD via Now anytime soon when I left Sky!

Message 26 of 229

What ever the charge for the UHD and Atmos, it will also encompass the HD and DD5.1 too.

Boost currently is £6, so im putting my bet on, the Ultra Boost will be £8. A tenner isn't going to cut it, especially when you're already in the realms of the cost of a monthly subscription to another service; its not going to wash. Id also suspect that ad-free will move to the more expensive Ultra too, because this Sky afterall!

Message 27 of 229

Check your EPG's, devices and whatnot; UHD is now LIVE!

Message 28 of 229

What’s the channel number?

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 229

Bit of a mixed bag for me none of the devices I've had a quick try on are working perfectly.

Roku: Channels play in UHD but audio gets corrupted either stutters and/or sounds like the speed/pitch has been slowed right down.

Apple TV 4K: On demand and UHD Sports 1/2 work ok. If I try to play Main Event/F1 UHD I get a brief UHD/HDR picture before it flicks back to HD and when you go to leave that channel you get a message saying your picture has been downgraded and the help section it links to just is the T&Cs.

PS5: Much like the Apple TV except that rather than reverting to HD Main Event/F1 it just won't play with a no assets error.

Edit: PS5 now working ok.

BT Pro Box (Now App): Not updated still HD only.

This is clearly a soft launch. My subscription does say Ultra Boost which going by a screenshot on another forum will be £9pm.

Message 30 of 229

Hang on im confused, is the Ultra Boost not chargeable yet but channels are showing up none the less for us on Boost? How do you get the channels?

So the channels not there on EETV EPG?

I hope they come to the EPG in the end as sometimes I do need to record football.

0 Ratings