cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 161 of 221

Re: Skysports UHD channels on my TV today

Spun up another email account on my domain and away we go for 6 months, hopefully EE sorted it by then 🙂

Even this double account still comes in at less than I was paying Virgin...

naylor2006_0-1722858455938.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 162 of 221

@Hooba 

Are you aware that when you go back to TNT Sports you don't need the UHD addon IF you were to watch via Discovery+ app instead of using your Pro box, UHD is standard via D+.

Message 163 of 221

On the EEtv/BTtv box - if you have the NOW channels active in the EPG and have the Ultra Boost - do the UHD channels appear in the EE/BT guide?

If so - what channel number?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 164 of 221

No, EETV have not integrated UltraBoost in any way yet, app or EPG based.

You have to be direct with Now to get it.

Apparently they are working on it as a priority.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 165 of 221

If you have a non-EE/BT sub with Now  -  does it work in the BT app on the EE/BT box?

Also, is it still the case the EPG version can only by the EE/BT created account - but the app can be any? I used to use the app with by direct account.

@naylor2006wrote:

No, EETV have not integrated UltraBoost in any way yet, app or EPG based.

You have to be direct with Now to get it.

Apparently they are working on it as a priority.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 166 of 221

The app can be used by anyone - regardless of BT or EE subscription.
The YouView boxes are not technically capable of displaying the Now TV UHD channels - from EPG or app.
The TV Box Pro and TV Box Mini will be updated soon to support them.
Message 167 of 221

As far as I know even if you log into the Now app on the box using a Now Direct account the EETV Now App does not support this new content.

The EPG is based on your account with BT and what subscription is managed there, but the boxes app doesnt support the new UHD channels so it doesnt matter.

We'll all have to wait for EETV, I assume the EPG will come at the same time as the app update, this would be my guess.

Ive just signed up on a different email to Now again for 6 months, Mr Dev on these forums said that EETV would not be ready for the start of the season for Ultraboost but it is being worked on, so i'll use my other account on my Apple TV's to watch UltraBoost as and when whilst leaving my Big Sport the way it is with normal Boost over on my EETV box....as I can do nothing with that whilst its managed by BT for the next 18 months.

Hopefully by the time my separate Now subscription has ended EETV will have it all done.

Edit: And speaking of Mr Dev he replied before I did....

Message 168 of 221

Started a Now Sports subscription directly with Now. £35 a month. £9 for UltraBoost. Immediately cancelled both. Immediate retention offer of £20 a month for Sport, cancel anytime, reverts to full price after 6 months. No retention offer for UltraBoost. Can't complain really.

A quick watch of the F1 Channel and the sound seems to be all over the place ... rather typical of NowTV from BITD. Keen for EE TV / BT TV to sort out UltraBoost availability as I'd much rather continue with that route and that route only.

Message 169 of 221

I should have waited.

So going with the more expensive monthly option has actually worked out cheaper than going with the 6 months fixed just because you cancelled immediately? 🤣

0 Ratings
Message 170 of 221

@naylor2006 

A quick online search would have told you just that. The "Now cancel game" is an art form in itself 😁