cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Tv picture freeze

Go to solution

Hi folks. Getting frequent picture freeze for a few seconds. On both tv’s. Tv’s connected via wifi, main tv 5 meters from hub.

any suggestions welcome

jim

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Tv picture freeze

Go to solution

Hi,

I don't have much to suggest, but can I ask are you using the boxes in internet or aerial mode?

Do you get picture freezes on the main channels/sky channels/The streaming apps on the box like Netflix, or all of those?

I had a similar problem with internet mode and what helped was to connect the box to the router via Ethernet instead of WIFI.

Do you have a spare Ethernet cable to try?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hallo c64.

I am using the boxes in internet mode, no arial. I get the freeze on main channels not on netflix! 
Router is connected with ethernet to the box.
Very annoying…

thanks for tips

Jim

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@WillowJim Are the TV boxes connected using wifi? 

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Good evening NeilO. Yes a ‘Main’ TV box in kitchen and ‘mini’ tv box in sitting room beside router. 

Jim

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @WillowJim,

Thank you for posting back. To try an rule out an issue with the wireless have you tried connecting one of the EE TV boxes hardwired into the back of the Hub?

I the picture freezing stops this would indicate an issue with the wireless. You could try moving the location of the hub and adjusting the wireless channel to see if that helps.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hallo PaddyB. Eventually got myself an Ethernet cable and indeed appears to have solved problem.  So would appear to be WiFi issue. Speed test indicates good connection??
How do you “ adjust the wireless channel” ?

thanks for help

Jim

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@WillowJimwrote:

How do you “ adjust the wireless channel” ?

There's a guide on the Help pages - How do I change the wi-fi channel on my BT Hub