cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 111 of 230

Re: Welcome to EE TV

Anyone else got problems with Apple + not able to play video, also Discovery +. same issue.  Says check internet, yes internet working fine. Thankfully I am not paying for it... 

0 Ratings
Message 112 of 230

A few things I noticed today:

I fired up the BT TV Pro box a few days ago and got the “too many boxes” message. I only have the one in use currently so I clicked OK to make it the main box.

Today when I turned the box on, I got the same message again. The only change I have made recently is installing the EE TV app on my Apple TV 4K for testing, so not sure why this keeps happening.

On a side note, the error message is confusing, asking the user to click “continue” when the button is “OK”, which is correctly referenced later in the text.

Too many boxesToo many boxes

Secondly, I only have Sport as a package, receiving TNT Sports in SD via the Pro Box but weirdly also getting Ultimate (433 and 465).

That loophole seems to have been closed as I now get a “You need to set up” message, but the channel name is in blue (it looks like the EE green in the picture but trust me, on screen it is YouView blue!).

I think this should be yellow based on recent changes.

UpgradeUpgrade

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 113 of 230

@Bluemoon1wrote:

Anyone else got problems with Apple + not able to play video, also Discovery +. same issue.  Says check internet, yes internet working fine. Thankfully I am not paying for it... 

Tested both about an hour ago, no connection issues and using WiFi.

I noticed the Apple TV+ app doesn’t appear to play HDR though, which is a downgrade on other versions. Even the super slow version on my 2016 TV can do that!

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 114 of 230

After watching HIJACK on Apple TV +. It kept freezing every 10- 15 mins had to go out of programme and then carry on again until it froze.  Quite annoying really for a new TV Service it's just as bad as the old one.  Netflix kept freezing after 2mins.  

0 Ratings
Message 115 of 230

Thanks for reporting too many boxes @stereohaven - I can see the issue on your account and have raised it for priority investigation. I've also mentioned the cosmetic issues too.
Message 116 of 230

called ee this afternoon still no upgrade for bt customers to eetv and was told could be in a couple of days or a couple of months!!!

0 Ratings
Message 117 of 230

NOW App no longer opens on my BT TV box since upgrade to EE in early Dec 23. All other apps work. Have gone through steps to switch off BT Hub & then TV box but makes no difference. Very frustrating! Tried sending HELP message but just received delaying messages over 4 hours & then shut down as went to bed. 

0 Ratings
Message 118 of 230

Oh damn. I was planning on calling tomorrow to try and switch but I guess it’s not worth it right now.

0 Ratings
Message 119 of 230

The NOW app is an absolute joke. 80% of the time it won’t open on my Pro or Mini box. Only way to do it is to open another app first, like iPlayer then try NOW again. 

0 Ratings
Message 120 of 230

That's very strange - the Now app still works perfectly on my old Humax Box (2120) and an old mini - their £2.99 a month for 6 months offer, had me fire them up again and we've been using Now a lot over the last few weeks with no issues at all. Both survived the "refresh to ee" branding, though the EE TV app doesn't work, but as we don't subscribe I would have expected  that anyway.

0 Ratings