cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 60

When will BTTV include Apple TV?

When will BTTV include Apple TV? Apparently the only way to get it is to pay for ROKU or Prime which I don't want to do

0 Ratings
59 REPLIES 59
Message 2 of 60

Re: When will BTTV include Apple TV?

@Buzb 

If the TV you are watching on is a Smart one, see if that has Apple TV, maybe in its App Store if it’s not already present.

Another way of getting Apple TV is to buy an Apple TV box, but you can have two Rokus and two Firesticks for the same amount of money 😛

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 60

It has already been announced that BT TV becomes EE TV on December 6th, and that EE TV will offer an Apple TV option.
Check the announcements/offers on December 6th to see if any of them answer your question.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 60

Let’s rephrase the question then; when will EE TV offer Apple TV as an app on the EE Pro box? 😛

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 60

Same answer applies
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 60

I think that @Buzb is asking specifically about the Apple TV+ app. I’m sure that I’m not the only one who’s hoping that it will appear on our existing BT TV boxes on 6th December as part of the re-brand.

Edit: Sorry, I was in the shower and missed the updates before I posted.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 60

Apple TV+ has some brilliant content, but the app really shines on an Apple TV 4K (pretty unsurprising), as you have the benefit of Dolby Vision and much higher bitrates than available on any other device.

Also worth noting that free trials also usually “stack”, so for example, I have 6 months free currently from Sky and another 3 months after that due to a code I got from Curry’s. 

If a free trial is offered when it comes to BT/EE, it’s worth grabbing the code even if you never watch it on the pro box. One caveat, codes do not work if you already have Apple One.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
Message 8 of 60

It does indeed have some brilliant content. I’ve already devoured the first two episodes of the new series of the magnificent ‘Slow Horses’ where Gary Oldman knocks it out of the park ( pun intended for those of you familiar with it). 

Message 9 of 60

That is exactly my question - I do hope the new "EE" service will include it, and that my BTTV pro box will work seamlessly

Message 10 of 60

@Buzbwrote:

That is exactly my question - I do hope the new "EE" service will include it…

It will, it’s already been let slip.

@Buzbwrote:

…and that my BTTV pro box will work seamlessly

I wouldn’t get your hopes up.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings