cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 60

Re: When will BTTV include Apple TV?

I’ve got several versions off the Apple TV+ app. They all have Library and Store. 

Only the BT one doesn’t. I’ve no idea why it’s been omitted. 

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 60

According to the Apple web site @Matomo you must have the Apple TV app on other devices. 

Note: The Apple TV+ app is limited to Apple TV+ movies and TV shows and doesn’t include Apple TV channels or other features found in the Apple TV app on other devices.

0 Ratings
Message 53 of 60

@Matomowrote:

I’ve got several versions off the Apple TV+ app. They all have Library and Store. 

Only the BT one doesn’t. I’ve no idea why it’s been omitted. 

Probably for the same reasons it isn't on Sky Q, Sky Glass or Stream?

I batter BT/EE regularly on this sort of stuff (poor relation and all that), but even the biggest TV platform in Europe has exactly the same version of the Apple TV+ app. 

Perhaps Apple wanted to restrict availability of the full version or maybe Sky, BT etc. didn't want to have the app version which allows rentals and purchases on their platform for commercial reasons?

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 54 of 60

Interesting. So the version that’s on TV platforms is different to the other versions then. 

Even on Android TV you can view your library but you can’t purchase anything. You have to make the purchase on your iPhone. So I don’t know why that wouldn’t be wanted on BT TV. 

0 Ratings
Message 55 of 60

The version on an Apple TV 4K is the Daddy.

It streams at higher bitrates than on any other platform, supports DV, supports iTunes Extras on compatible purchases, supports the purchase of "Channels" (much like Prime Video), supports "Watch Now" which is the same as the "Watch List" on the Pro Box (neither support Netflix, but Apple does support everything else, including NOW), the list goes on. 

The app versions on other platforms are more about broadening access to Apple TV+ and to a lesser extent, the MLS add on subscription. The app on tvOS is also about to have a major redesign in 17.2.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | EE TV Pro | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 56 of 60

Most versions of the app have the purchases section, the vast majority of people using the app will see that section. I didn’t realise there were a few versions that also don’t. I’m still not sure of the reason why. 

0 Ratings
Message 57 of 60

Seems quite reasonable to me - you aren't 'signing up to Apple' - you are signing up to AppleTV+ specifically. If you do not have a subscription, then what would BT/EE get out of offering you an interface into your Apple Account where they get no money because you only watch things you already purchased specifically through Apple. Apple have only done these agreements to spread the visibility and subscriber base for their +Subscription. I would say if you ever had access to your Movie and TV shows purchased through Apple from any Apple TV app not using the Apple TV hardware, I would consider that a bonus rather than an expected norm.
Message 58 of 60

Probably not best for us now I have seen some more stuff, already have the Apple subs with TV, Arcade, iCloud etc. and recording (to avoid app ads tie in) and aerial feed still too big a draw, meaning pro box.

Very interesting though.

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 60

Thanks for the 3 month trial, BTTV, oops EETV. Took a bit of going round loops but got there in the end.

0 Ratings
Message 60 of 60

Head & wall currently making contact.

Just signed up to Apple TV+  from what you are saying, looks like I can’t watch it via my vision old box ( Humax model DTRT4000)

how do I go about getting a replacement box ..   ?

0 Ratings