cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 69

Re: Wrong itv region

Go to solution

Regarding the missing series/episode information on recordings, I've had it confirmed that the information stored against the recording is the DTT data - the data the channel provided via the aerial.

The information that is shown in the TV guide when the box is connected to the internet is enhanced data provided over the internet.  This information cannot currently be stored against recordings, and there's currently no link to the enhanced data online.  An enhancement has been raised to add this information, but it's very low in the priority list I'm afraid.

Regarding the Granada/Calendar mismatch - this is still being investigated.  It's not just you - everyone in the Yorkshire TV region is seeing this mismatch when in IP mode.

Message 22 of 69

Go to solution

OK, so we have an answer on the Granada issue.

The problem is that your TV region doesn't have an HD variant of ITV.  If you were connected via aerial, your ITV HD would actually be showing Granada.

When in IP mode, you're receiving an HD feed of the SD channel - but there isn't a TV Guide available for it.  If we used the SD TV Guide to feed the HD channel then it would be missing all the tags for HD and surround sound, so the decision was made to use the HD TV guide which is correct for everything except the local news.

So I'm afraid there's no fix for this, unless ITV start broadcasting an HD variant in your region.

Message 23 of 69

Go to solution

How come it shows as itv Calendar on Virgin and Freeview on the HD channel and I thought all itv channels were now HD as are BBC regions.

They do state the correct names on their guide even for an upscaled SD to HD version but it is what it is.

Anyway thanks for investigating this.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 69

Go to solution
I can't comment on what Virgin are doing, but are you saying that your Freeview signal on other devices correctly shows as Calendar on the HD channel (103)? If that's the case, I've been provided with incorrect information and I'll need to get them to check again.
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 69

Go to solution

No I have channel 3 sd version of itv Calendar and channel 103 is itv Granada on Freeview but when I had Virgin I never had Granada reports as a programme name after they upscaled to HD.  itv+1 was always Granada Reports but it isn't a major thing just an annoyance.

Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 69

Go to solution
Ah OK. Sounds like Virgin took the other option then, and used the SD data for the HD channel - or maybe they were clever enough to merge together the info from the SD channel and the tags from the HD. Unfortunately we're offering the best we could do. Sorry for the inconvenience.
0 Ratings
Message 27 of 69

Go to solution

@DarrenDev Hi I have just changed to bt tv and I'm unable to change my region from London to Manchester on the tv? I can only change this on the app and when paired with the TV it goes back to London....

Any help would be much appreciated? Tried with and without an aerial. Also tried resetting the box but there is no option  to change the region on the box? And no option to change any settings? 

Thanks Nicola 

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 69

Go to solution
Sounds like you've set it up in IP mode @Niknak1? The TV region will correct itself within a few hours of your activation date. So if your service is due to activate today, your TV region will update overnight tonight.
Message 29 of 69

Go to solution
Thank you 😊 that's great 👍
0 Ratings
Message 30 of 69

Go to solution

Hi Darren 

The link you posted above isn’t working  for some reason for me.

Just get an error message so can’t check if a package of BBC South Today local news and ITV Meridian from Southampton are available.

We can no longer get our local ITV news on 103. We’re not new customers  though.

We change the settings for the region from ‘South East’ to ‘South’ and reboot the box but we’re still getting ITV local news from Maidstone. 

Hope you can help. 

0 Ratings