cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 21

YouTube app?

Go to solution

Just bought an Ee/Bt Pro Youview box but can't seem to find anyway of accessing YouTube on it. Can anyone advise please? Many thanks. 

0 Ratings
20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21

Re: YouTube app?

Go to solution

Possibly in the pipeline but not yet available.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 21

Go to solution

Is this something to do with the varied frame rates from YouTube whilst the Box is stuck at a certain fps?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 21

Go to solution

@AJMEast 

Perhaps Santa will bring you a Roku Express? 😛

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 21

Go to solution
I have no idea lol, I'm not very well up on the technical side of things...😆
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 21

Go to solution
Yes, will have to add this to my list for Santa...😆!
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 21

Go to solution
Can any techies ring in on this - what frame rate are the boxes capable of? I recall that they may be fixed and because YouTube has videos outputting at all kinds of frame rates it makes playing them back a bit of an issue.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 21

Go to solution

YouTube amongst others was promised on launch in the press release. If it was still in development at the time they should have said so

They also said you would be able to stream content to iOS and Android devices including recorded content that has never seen the light of day

When i asked about YouTube it was possibly it could be June/July but no promises 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 21

Go to solution

YouTube has been promised on a YouView based box for the last 6 or 7 years, with the tile to launch it even appearing on trial boxes about 4 years ago, but has never been delivered.

Someone will have to remind me why the BT/EE TV Box Pro has a match frame rate option in settings if it can’t?

I notice another ISP still uses YouView for a live TV Guide but their actual box is now Android/Google based so it has all the apps and voice control/search.

Unless you really want/need to record and if you want to stick with EE TV, the Apple TV 4K is a much better hardware choice. You get access to all the apps in up to Dolby Vision, voice search, premium upscaling and it matches range and frame rate.

I’m actually warming to the idea of getting it.

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings