cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Re: YouTube app?

Go to solution
I've worked on BT TV/EE TV since launch, and I've never known us suggest that you "would be able to stream content to iOS and Android devices including recorded content". It won't ever happen.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Go to solution

@DarrenDevwrote:
I've worked on BT TV/EE TV since launch, and I've never known us suggest that you "would be able to stream content to iOS and Android devices including recorded content". It won't ever happen.

You (BT), didn’t, it was attributed to a “source” in a piece on ISPreview before the Pro Box launched about what to expect from the new hardware.

Edited to add:

Found the article from 2019.

On top of that BT will also add a Bluetooth remote control, integration with Amazon / Netflix / YouTube etc. and in the future a new content sharing feature via app to a second box. As previously reported, BT’s deal with Sky means that NOW TV is also coming to the new box and we understand there are plans to potentially include Britbox and Disney+ when they launch (or possibly a little later).

————————————————————-
BT Smart Hub 2 | Halo 3+ | Digital Voice | Sky Q | Apple TV 4K | LG OLED
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

Better have word with the press team

EE MERGES SMARTPHONES, TABLETS AND TV INTO GROUNDBREAKING ... https://ee.co.uk/content/dam/everything-everywhere/Newsroom/PDFs%20for%20newsroom/EE%20TV%20press%20...

Certainly the competition has had it for a while like Virgin on there TiVo box (read 360)

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution
That document is years old - the old EE TV, running on different hardware.
It'll never come to the new EE TV.
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution
  • Apologies the link was dated 6th December 2023 not aware the document was actually old. Appreciate your honesty and feedback I take it this is just because this is not a direction that EE want to go rather than because the hardware is not capable? I mean my WD My cloud from 2015 running on an ARM at 650 MHz was capable of streaming video content (I guess it would require beefed up security for access though) probably wrong just my thoughts
  • Bit disappointing as Sky and Virgin have this while on same IP subnet 
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

@stereohaven @DarrenDev 

I think that ‘content to a second box’ meant sharing recordings made on the main Pro box with the Mini boxes, also YouView devices.

That’s certainly been a long-requested feature, I thought I heard something about it at Pro box launch time, and hopefully it is still on the table.

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Go to solution
It's not on the table, and I'm almost certain it never will be. It requires permission from all the content owners, and it's not something they're willing to give anymore - they'd much rather you used their catch up players.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Go to solution

@DarrenDev 

Rats, looks like we’ll have to watch our ‘American Dynasties: The Kennedys’ from PBS America on the YouView box we recorded it on then 😢 

*** Longtime YouView box owner, BT Broadband customer, but never a BT TV subscriber ***
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

The ability to cast to other boxes is still available on other platforms don't really see the difference from a licencing perspective between watching on pro or the cast version they are being really nit picky not being nice to EE

Possibly if it was offered that adverts were displayed regardless they would jump at lol

Mother-in-law has a YouView (non-EE) ITVX catch-up app removed

Message 20 of 21

Go to solution

@WalkerBoh 

How did she do that? Users can’t control what apps do and don’t appear on YouView boxes?

0 Ratings