cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

get ITV without an aerial?

Go to solution

Hi, I want to see ITV programmes, there's something wrong with the aerial, which I can't get fixed (shared roof, long story)... can I just get a different BT hub for my BT Broadband/fibre/whatever it is? (something called a BT Pro hub maybe?) I can get BBC channels through the iPlayer on whatever the BT box is that I've got now, also some Sky and other channels through some other way, but no sign of ITV, no matter how hard I look.... please help! Thanks!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: get ITV without an aerial?

Go to solution

If you have a BT TV subscription and a BT Pro Box, you can set it to deliver terrestrial channels via IP. This includes all the main channels and quite a few extras. 

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

great stuff, thanks Nigel. I guess I just have to ring BT and ask them for one? 

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

We've set ours to IP delivery and the picture quality is better than OTA Freeview on both the HD and SD channels. The SD channels are actually watchable now

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

If you have a Smart TV and don't want the hassle of another device and the extra subscription cost, then you should be able to find the ITVX app on your smart TV.  It works just like BBC iPlayer.  Channel 4 do have an app too, but it's not available on all platforms.  The advantage of BT TV of course is the unified program guide, but at a minimum of £10/month for the first 12 months and then £20/month for 12 months (24-month contract), it's expensive for something you can get effectively for free elsewhere!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Squirrel2  you can add it to your BT subscription at the link below 

https://www.bt.com/tv/packages

You need to take out one of their entertainment or sports packages to get the BT TV Pro box and it offers a link to show you difference in channels for each.

Alternatively you can give them a call on 0330 1234 150

0 Ratings