cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 20

Re: Adding email to iPhone

Go to solution

I get as far as the incoming server host name which already says mail.btinternet.com but I retyped it anyway.  I don't get any further options and if I press next I get the message "Cannot Connect Using SSL do yo u want to try setting up the account without SSL? 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 20

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Go to solution

Just to confirm.. are you a current BT Broadband customer or are you paying for your BTMail account through a BT Premium email account?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 20

Go to solution

I am a BT Broadband customer and can access my emails on MyBT

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 20

Go to solution

Made some progress, got the inbox back but its empty

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 20

Go to solution

If you have a lot of emails in your inbox it might take a while for the emails to populate it the first time.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 20

Go to solution

Yes I did

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 20

Go to solution

I'll check later, many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 20

Go to solution

Got my inbox back.  No want items or folders though.  That’s something- many thanks

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 20

Go to solution
"For future information, if your email app stops working the first thing to do is to see if you can still use your email account when using a web browser.
If you can then the best advice is to do nothing such as changing passwords or deleting and resetting up accounts as this invariably causes more problems than it solves, as you have now found out."

This is good advice. When out and about - particularly (but not exclusively) when overseas, I randomly get an error message on my BT internet accessed via the Mail app on my mobile phone, asking me to re-input my password because the App cannot connect. Of course, when I do this it makes no difference. This can happen whether connected via phone data or via hotel or business WiFi. It resolves itself when I move to a different hotel or business WiFi or go to a different location, so I can only conclude that the BT servers refuse to respond to some servers for hotel/business WiFi or mobile phone data.
This never happens with my gmail email, so I guess BT must keep some sort of blacklist of servers it will not respond to and which is too broad in its scope.
0 Ratings