cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT EMAIL+MYBT LOGIN/OFF VERY SLOW

Hello, I connected a new Hub 2 last Saturday, sent to me in  prep for DV (switchover of which has gone well yesterday) and since connecting up the Hub 2 I've found BT Email+MYBT Log in and log off painfully slow.... around 60 secs. I did a Factory Reset but it has made no difference. All my other Email ie Outlook, Hotmail, Gmail work as normal. I've cleared cookies+browser history from my Chromebook. 

I decided to use my chrome browser on my smartphone to see if I had the same slow login/off probs. Disabled mob data, just using WiFi and had no issues so it's obviously not a chrome browser issue.

Last year I had exactly same issue with BT email and MYBT slow login/logoff and  one of the Mods sorted it out for me saying it was a Server issue. Seems odd though that this time the prob has only started since using my new Hub 2.

Plse can someone help, bearing in mind I'm a senior, quite new to Tech and only use a Chromebook and smartphone?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT EMAIL+MYBT LOGIN/OFF VERY SLOW

@ljm I'm not seeing any reported known issues with the servers. As it works fine on your mobile it leads me to believe it's more likely a wifi connection or browser problem with your Chromebook. Do you have an alternative browser you could try on the Chromebook and are you seeing any issues connecting to other sites? 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanx for reply Neil. I don't think you can really use another browser on a Chromebook, not easily anyway. Besides which, if it was a browser issue surely it wudve happened whilst using my previous Hub 6 as well. I have no probs connecting to other sites or email ads. It's only an issue connecting to BT email and MyBt.? 

I connected successfully using WiFi on my Android phone. I switched off mob data and used only WiFi, so how could it be a wireless prob.? 

Would welcome any further suggestions. Thanks. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Try turning your Smarthub off for about half an hour. When you turn it back on it will most likely have been issued with a new IP address and connect to a different email server which may resolve the problem.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Thanx gg, but do you mean turnoff the hub using the Power button on hub or unplugging it?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Either.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Thanks to you all for trying to help with suggestions, however, it didn't solve the issue. After looking thru this Community, I can see I shud be grateful that my only prob is slow login/off with BT email and MyBt!!... and BTW I've found out this morning that my HP Chromebook will not allow the MyBt app to be installed on it. A message pops up to say so...... I've got a feeling Chromebooks just don't like BT, for some reason!! I guess the best solution would be to stick with my other email accounts which work perfectly ie Outlook etc and just login/out of BT email every 3mths to keep it running. 🙂

0 Ratings