cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Email Blocking a Safe Sender

I use Mac Mail, but occasionally check the webmail account for emails that end up in spam there which are legitimate. I am suddenly not receiving emails from a regular sender. They are not appearing in my webmail spam folder either and I have given the address as a safe sender in the webmail settings to see if that might correct the issue - but it doesn't.

Is it a problem with the sender (who can reach me using another NOT BT email address I have) or is it with BT email?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Email Blocking a Safe Sender

Check that you have not blocked the senders email address or the senders email domain (the part after @).Log onto your BTMail account and then click on your username at the right hand side. Select "Settings" then go to the left hand side and select "Mail". Scroll down and click on "Blocked Senders". Scroll down the list until you find the one you want to unblock and select it. Click on "delete". This will only delete from the blocked senders list not from your contacts list.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thank you gg.

I had read a similar post that you had responded to a while ago and followed those instructions, but it still gets blocked somewhere.

The 'senders' email address is from a domain that I have access to, so I have been able to test directly from there via the webmail account, so that by-passes the outlook app on the senders computer. I have even added my address to the webmail contact list to see if that helps.

A few weeks ago one of the senders emails appeared in my BT webmail spam folder and I was able to confirm it was from a safe sender, but although that one did download to my Mac mail, it has had no effect on subsequent emails from the sender.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 24 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @sbhabyn and welcome to our community.

Sorry you're having problems with your email.

Take a look at BT Email - best practices for postmasters and senders of email | BT Help and let me know if that helps.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention @gg30340 .

Cheers

David

0 Ratings