cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT WebMail

The new BT Webmail seems to have several deficiencies:

1. It is very difficult to delete multiple emails, the problem is selecting more than a very few email.

2. It keeps blocking pictures despite my setting it to allow pictures on all but spam on several occassions

3. It keeps saying it has having problems please try later

Perhaps BT could have tested the new version before launch?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT WebMail

I’m also getting the ‘having problems’ message. Ironic as it’s customers who are the ones having to endure this ‘improvement/upgrade’?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

@JH58 

Deleting multiple emails has been posted on the forum many times already .

If you want to delete multiple emails try the following.

If you hold down the shift key then tick the box to the left of the first email you want to delete in the list of emails then scroll down using the scroll bar on the right hand side and tick the last email you want to delete then release the shift key. It will select all the emails in between.

If you do not want to delete some of the emails that have been selected you need to untick those then you can then click delete or drag and drop them into the Trash folder. 

There is a known issue regarding displaying images and it is being investigated by BT. 

Webmail migration update - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I keep seeing that the instruction to delete multiple emails has been posted but this is because it doesn't work as it used to whereby you could select one and press shift and down arrow - even checking the top box only selects the first 6 emails. Can anyone help please (as opposed to repeating the same instructions which don't work)..... please 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

It doesn't work the way it used to.

The instructions that are posted above do work. I would suggest you read them again and follow them to the letter.

Message 6 of 6

Holding the shift button when selecting  emails to delete produces a variable result, sometimes it works but other times you can select say 20 emails only for them to become unselected when you click on the next. It is a very poor alternative to the previous 'unupgraded' system.   

0 Ratings