cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 291 of 403

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

Hi Guys,

Email playing up again today saying no service just as I was trying to access emails and write to community on an issue re my digital phone. By the time I remembered to do this another issue has occurred on new email system.

A trusted email which has always gone into my inbox has tonight gone into my spam folder, why? I have changed it to not spam and moved to inbox but this is my dads account and we send regular emails to each other.

Andy

0 Ratings
Message 292 of 403

Webmail

The latest update by the programmers has broken webmail, and definitely needs a fix.

It is hit or miss when I try to drag emails into folders in my folders. Sometimes the items can be grabbed and dragged, other times they refused to be grabbed and dragged.

When i hover over the myfolders folder, the myfolders folder does not automatically un-collapse to reveal the sub-folders.

I'm using Edge on a Windows desktop.

Message 293 of 403

Emoji issue in v3.5.0

In the 'olden' days, when using Emojis in an email, the emoji window would open, then you could select multiple emojis at the same time, before closing the emoji window when done.

Now, after you select a single emoji, the window automatically closes. So for example, for effect you were selecting 5 emojis, the window closes after every single one, meaning you have to spend an age re-opening the window every single time.

This is simply a darn nuisance, and I can find no mention of it it any 'development' of this new migration version.

Where do I place the suggestion for emojis that it reverts to the way it was, as they seem to have fixed something that wasn't actually broken, and use to work very efficiently?

0 Ratings
Message 294 of 403

Re: Typing an email cursor keeps moving randomly to start and missing out letters

That is exactly what I do. Having multiple email accounts an email client is very useful. However personally I find with BT that I cannot reply to a BT email in Thunderbird, just won't have it. So I have resorted to composing my reply on Thunderbird then copying and pasting into BT. Long winded but still quicker than using the current BT interface. Hopefully BT will get it fixed before too long. Have to say I am really not a fan of this "upgrade".

0 Ratings
Message 295 of 403

Re: Typing an email cursor keeps moving randomly to start and missing out letters

If it's of any help @Raznic I've just checked my Thunderbird settings where sending and receiving work fine.

Outgoing IMAP server: mail.btinternet.com, Port 993, Connection Security: SSL/TLS.
Outgoing SMTP server: mail.btinternet.com, Port 465, Connection Security: SSL/TLS.
The user name is my full BT e-mail address.

0 Ratings
Message 296 of 403

I have no idea what all the chat is re Thunderbird settings etc way above my knowledge of computers and pay grade.

Message 297 of 403

I've abandoned webmail and now using Outlook without any apparent issues.

0 Ratings
Message 298 of 403

@Glassback1   Same here. Life is too short to try & figure out IT things.

Message 299 of 403

Much appreciated. I have just checked my settings and they are the same as yours. I still cannot reply to messages. I shall just have to continue as I am. Thanks for trying.

0 Ratings
Message 300 of 403

Also suffering missing letters when I type! I have just deleted an email from spam that I first deleted from my inbox a few weeks ago and which keeps reappearing in my spam folder. My wife, who also has a BT email address finds it impossible to forward an email to me. Using Win11 and Firefox.

0 Ratings