cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 321 of 403

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

One of our two Windows 11 / Edge PCs gets a regular 'Email needs updating' flash message.

How can I resolve this Please?

Update. The actual message is:-

'Your BT Internet 2 settings are out of date'

0 Ratings
Message 322 of 403

Im thinking this 'upgrade' should not have been released ,,, Ever ! more bugs than my allotment. You can understand people getting annoyed and nasty , if it affects their life , an occasional user like me , can get by , with the performance  For a leader in the communications sector , it is well inexcusable.  Not good enough listing work rounds, or go try a client, BT ...fix it pronto or take it away .

Message 323 of 403

@gg30340
Errrrrrrrrm. I really would rather NOT 'continue using a defective method of accessing (your) email'. Thank you for your thoughts on this. 

Many things have been tried by many people.  People who speak the language of this email travesty better than I do. Some teeny things have been ironed out. But the glitching is still there. As in the inability to keep one font and one size continuously within one email.  Looking at the 'community' messages here, it seems I'm not alone in this.  Would these people too benefit from your suggestions?  Anew one is messages that sit in Draft rather than go straight to send - when sent has been pressed.  

For a couple of reasons I'm stuck with BT for the time being. It's taken up a lot of time. Oh and the wifi is still terrible. 

Anyone that can, get out if you are able and good luck 

0 Ratings
Message 324 of 403

@Bettje wrote:

@gg30340
Errrrrrrrrm. I really would rather NOT 'continue using a defective method of accessing (your) email'. Thank you for your thoughts on this. 

Many things have been tried by many people.  People who speak the language of this email travesty better than I do. Some teeny things have been ironed out. But the glitching is still there. As in the inability to keep one font and one size continuously within one email.  Looking at the 'community' messages here, it seems I'm not alone in this.  Would these people too benefit from your suggestions?  Anew one is messages that sit in Draft rather than go straight to send - when sent has been pressed.  

For a couple of reasons I'm stuck with BT for the time being. It's taken up a lot of time. Oh and the wifi is still terrible. 

Anyone that can, get out if you are able and good luck 

If you and all the other people who are presently using a webpage (webmail) to access BTMail and are having the issues that are posted on this and other threads started to use an email client instead of using a web page, ALL the problems that you encounter at present with the BTMail will disappear.

Any one who is presently using an email app, which is the name for an email client when used on a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet should already be aware that none of the reported problems are present when using it.

You can easily try an email client and if you do not see an immediate improvement you can always uninstall it and go back to using BTMail on a web browser and continue to wait for BT to fix the mess.

Message 325 of 403

Exactly. I really don't understand this reluctance to try a mail client. Why would you continue to drive a Trabant when offered a Porsche free of charge!!

0 Ratings
Message 326 of 403

None of these "free" email clients are actually free of charge, if you use them, either you are unwittingly providing a lot of data about yourself which is then sold on by the company that supplies the client software or else you are subjected to advertisements, or sometimes both. Do you imagine that companies are providing these software packages out of the pure goodness of their hearts?

Message 327 of 403

@gg30340 Maybe because a great many people turn on their phone/laptop, login & expect a programme to do what it used to do very well & not have to deal with the current BT mess. And maybe because a great many people are not, and do not want to be because they have a life, IT-savvy. And have no idea what an email client is, or how to find one that isn't a fake site, or are concerned that if they do what you suggest, maybe they won't be able to get back to the (currently annoying) BT webmail. And with all the scams & so on around these days, are worried about giving details to a site they know nothing about. And as another person said, why would anyone want to use a site that could potentially sell their details and/or swamp them with adverts. 

So yes, it may solve the problem of the currently useless BT webmail, but may also cause a lot of other security problems/irritations which, quite rightly nowadays, people worry about.  So, while I am sure you & 'liquorice' are trying to be helpful, which is appreciated, could you try a little sympathy & less abrasive comments?

Message 328 of 403

@Davek100wrote:

None of these "free" email clients are actually free of charge, if you use them, either you are unwittingly providing a lot of data about yourself which is then sold on by the company that supplies the client software or else you are subjected to advertisements, or sometimes both. Do you imagine that companies are providing these software packages out of the pure goodness of their hearts?

I have been using Thunderbird for some time now, I have never noticed any ads being forced on me. As for them using my data, best of luck to them...

0 Ratings
Message 329 of 403

Yes, good to know I am not alone!!

0 Ratings
Message 330 of 403

@Davek100 if you use the internet at all you are revealing data. Do you not use a search engine? Using the FREE Thunderbird client which is produced by Mozilla which supply the Firefox browser, won't reveal anything more than you already do. Nor will you receive adverts.