cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 361 of 403

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

@PeteTHwrote:

@Stephen5000 

Fortunately I've never experienced any slowdown when typing in BT webmail.

Hey, no one likes a show off 🤣🤣🤣

Message 362 of 403

I have now moved to a newer, faster computer, and the problem has disappeared.

Annoying though, that we can no longer use a single word or phrase to reference a URL to be included in an email.  We now have to show the entire string, which works but is a little untidy.  

Thanks,

Robert

0 Ratings
Message 363 of 403

Works OK here. Type the word, highlight, click on link icon, paste the link.

Message 364 of 403

Ah, thanks.  I will try that.

0 Ratings
Message 365 of 403

Works a treat!

Thank you.
0 Ratings
Message 366 of 403

It's most curious, @Stephen5000 , I've never had any typing delays on any web browser on any PC or using the webmail on other people's PCs using different ISPs and different e-mail addresses.

I can't help feeling there're are other factors at play as I see no evidence to prove that it's a BT webmail problem.

Message 367 of 403

@ShaunOMwrote:

It's most curious, @Stephen5000 , I've never had any typing delays on any web browser on any PC or using the webmail on other people's PCs using different ISPs and different e-mail addresses.

I can't help feeling there're are other factors at play as I see no evidence to prove that it's a BT webmail problem.

Gmail, opened in an adjacent tab, is instantaneous -  hard to draw a different conclusion...

Message 368 of 403

Actually, @robertjames , you can add a URL link to a word or several words.

Just select the word with a double-click (or drag across the word or consecutive words), and click the link icon (or use Ctrl + K). Then type or paste in the URL into the little box and click the tick mark or press return. It works fine.

You can also edit the link by single-clicking it and clicking the pen icon.

Message 369 of 403

Indeed. Curious and curiouser, @Stephen5000  re: message 367.

This suggests to me that it's something to do with the route/network path through to the webmail server although I'm no expert in that area. If I were experiencing the same behaviour I would experiment with a few basic things as I guess you have already such as restarting Windows (if you're using a Windows PC of course, bearing in mind that a Restart clears the RAM and can sometime resolve Windows glitches which a Shutdown does not), trying different web browsers and rebooting the router.

And if you have access to another PC, see if the problem is re-creatable there. If it isn't, then the problem resides with the first PC.

Message 370 of 403

@ShaunOMwrote:

Indeed. Curious and curiouser, @Stephen5000  re: message 367.

This suggests to me that it's something to do with the route/network path through to the webmail server although I'm no expert in that area. If I were experiencing the same behaviour I would experiment with a few basic things as I guess you have already such as restarting Windows (if you're using a Windows PC of course, bearing in mind that a Restart clears the RAM and can sometime resolve Windows glitches which a Shutdown does not), trying different web browsers and rebooting the router.

And if you have access to another PC, see if the problem is re-creatable there. If it isn't, then the problem resides with the first PC.

I have already stated that this behaviour is entirely repeatable. Using a different browser, and also a different PC.

I am firmly convinced it is something to do with the BT servers, as when using my primary email address, it works perfectly, however, when I use a secondary address I have, that's where the issue appears. I believe that the secondary address 'log on' to a different BT server giving the issues I have...

0 Ratings