cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 461 of 504

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

The only fudge is using a web browser to deal with something it was never designed for instead of a mail client specifically designed for the job.

0 Ratings
Message 462 of 504

@gg30340wrote:

@Oddbodkinwrote:

...'previous' & 'next' arrows still AWOL, images still not showing despite 'show images' being selected & ZERO response regarding fixing them, except 'get an email client' which is NOT a fix; it's a fudge & one which reduces security, so I'll not be going that route.

Please enlighten me how an email client is " a fudge & one which reduces security" ?

I think there may be a concern at having to give your email password to a 3rd party application. I know I initially had that fear...

Message 463 of 504

No different to using a browser to remember the password and easily overcome by not using the save password option and logging in manually each time if that concerned.

0 Ratings
Message 464 of 504

@licquoricewrote:

No different to using a browser to remember the password and easily overcome by not using the save password option and logging in manually each time if that concerned.

That's exactly what I do, enter it manually every time. A bit irritating that when 'sending' an email you have to sign in again as the initial login doesn't carry over! 😁

Message 465 of 504

I have used an email client since the inception of public email use of emails and I have never once had any security issues.

There is no more risk and no doubt less than you having to set up and use a password to access any web site that you use. Every site that you do that for has your password stored.

I would still like to hear what the "less secure" issues @Oddbodkin  has.

0 Ratings
Message 466 of 504

@Stephen5000 

The reason you are having to log in again when you send an email is because an email client does not stay logged on all the time.

It only logs on when required to.

If you check for email it logs on checks for email then logs off. If you then send an email it logs on when you click send then logs off. If you have saved your password in the client it does this automatically.

It does not stay logged on all the time unlike webmail which everbody seems to want, because doing that is a security issue. You are leaving your "connection" to the email servers open.

Message 467 of 504

Email account is constantly logging me out

My email account is constantly logging me out after a very short period of time.  I'm talking about 10-15 mins if I don't go back into it after looking a t a word document for example.  Then if I am lucky enough to get back into my email before it locks me out, it then buffers for so long it says it's timed out.  What is going on with this new system.  I never had this problem with the old system.  Can anyone help me with this or is it a technical problem BT have? hope I have posted this in the right place as I am new to  using the BT community.

Message 468 of 504

@mcleanv2wrote:
Email account is constantly logging me out

My email account is constantly logging me out after a very short period of time.

This sounds like an old problem that somehow has resurfaced for you. A few years back, BT introduced a new 'security' measure which auto logged out WebMail accounts after 20 minutes. Obviously this cause a massive backlash from users and eventually they retracted it.

I have been logged into a WebMail account for 8 hours solid now with no log out issue. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will be long soon to offer help...

0 Ratings
Message 469 of 504

I'm not using BT webmail.  I'm using BTinternet.com account. Is that the same thing?  I'm technical knowledge is not great.

Message 470 of 504

@mcleanv2 wrote:

I'm not using BT webmail.  I'm using BTinternet.com account. Is that the same thing?  I'm technical knowledge is not great.

Yes. It is called webmail because you are using a web browser/page to access it as against using an email client/app.