cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 481 of 504

Re: BT Webmail Feedback v2 (post 16th April release)

Installing a mail client is simplicity in itself, it is not in the slightest bit difficult.

Click one button to download, click another to install, enter email address and password. Job done.

Have you never installed anything on a PC?

Message 482 of 504

@licquorice I believe this has been already covered in one of the previous threads (there have been so many :-(). The reluctance not to use a free mail client was the concern about data being gathered about the user. I have no idea whether that is right or wrong. That aside, for whatever reason there appears to be plenty of us who wish to use the BT web mail facility and all the bugs and their resolution should have been better managed by BT.

Message 483 of 504

If you are concerned about data collection, don't use the internet full stop.

Message 484 of 504

You wrote  "I can, fear of what can go wrong, inexperience with computers/emails and if it does go wrong, how to revert to back to where you were to begin with."    

I have been usng EMClient for the last 5 years after promting from a number of regulars on this Forum and it is bit of fresh air compared to BT Web Mail. EMClient was easy to set up.

To answer your question, if things did go wrong (such as with EMClient) no harm would be done since my emails still reside on BT Web Mail.         
Message 485 of 504

@allanraymondwrote:

You wrote  "I can, fear of what can go wrong, inexperience with computers/emails and if it does go wrong, how to revert to back to where you were to begin with."    

To answer your question, if things did go wrong (such as with EMClient) no harm would be done since my emails still reside on BT Web Mail.         

You see, you know that! A novice may not, they may think that all their emaisl were then diverted to the email client, and once delivered, then deleted from the WebMail. Far too much 'assumption' is made on simply throwing out suggestions to folk who like I once was, know pretty little!

Message 486 of 504

@Stephen5000 wrote:

@allanraymondwrote:

You see, you know that! A novice may not, they may think that all their emaisl were then diverted to the email client, and once delivered, then deleted from the WebMail. Far too much 'assumption' is made on simply throwing out suggestions to folk who like I once was, know pretty little!

If you do not know something or are unsure about how something works do you just decide never to use it, class it as  the demons work or should you ask questions in an attempt to learn more? 

People come on here seeking answers to problems and are frequently given advice or suggestions. If they are not sure about it they can surely ask more questions until they are confident enough to do as suggested.

A prime example is this thread.

Re: BTMAIL sign-in conundrums. - BT Community

Message 487 of 504

@andydenyer wrote:

@licquorice I use Outlook, but I also like to check via BT Webmail what emails have either gone straight to spam or have been filtered and sent to a special folder I have set up for review (usually for email addresses ending in gmail etc., as I do receive a few genuine emails from those domains as well as spam) before downloading anything to Outlook.

If you have your Outlook set up as an IMAP account you should be able to check your BT spam folder in Outlook. Your "special" folder should also be showing in Outlook.  There would be no need to log onto webmail to do that as all your folders will be synchronised with BT webmail.

If however you have set Outlook as a POP3 account then your spam and "special" folder along with all the other folders in webmail will not show in your Outlook as POP3 does not synchronise with webmail. It only downloads your Inbox emails.

Message 488 of 504

ref Message 482: . . . and I, for one, really like the BT webmail layout / structure. The layouts / presentations of a few others I have seen are not appealing.
0 Ratings
Message 489 of 504

I have absolutely no idea why you can't see it is!
0 Ratings
Message 490 of 504

Please enlighten me as to why adding yet another (unnecessary) layer to accessing emails DOESN'T REDUCE SECURITY.
Oh, you can't.
0 Ratings