cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 631 of 952

Re: Problems with the New BT email when drafting replies to emails

You have described exactly what I am experiencing. My work requires me to draft often long explanatory replies to clients, but for the past week or so (since the end of February/beginning of March) I have found that my cursor skips back to the beginning of a message from a position around two-thirds of the way across the message window, meaning that a part sentence will appear before the greeting 'Dear ...'. Furthermore, like you, I find that the size of the font changes, particularly if I use the 'Back' button to amend the first word of a new paragraph. If I do not notice the changes immediately, I have to spend valuable time redrafting messages.  I also have Windows 10 and MS Edge (both up to date). What on earth is going on?

Message 632 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

@rex003  Using BT email doesn't mean you have to use either the BT webmail interface or the BT email app on a mobile.

There are many free (and superior) alternative methods available that don't require any technical knowledge beyond downloading them and entering email and password.

0 Ratings
Message 633 of 952

If you've got time to trawl back a bit through these messages a few of them do have quite easy fixes to some of the issues we are experiencing with this new email system.
0 Ratings
Message 634 of 952

. . . but I did like the original BT webmail layout and functionality. Am I now missing something by not trying another product?
0 Ratings
Message 635 of 952

Thank you, I'll do that when I've got a bit of free time. Hope your problem has been fixed!
0 Ratings
Message 636 of 952

@Cate-59 whilst we wait for BT fixes to all these issues, there are some things you could do to alleviate your pain - I agree, I also need to compose long emails for a Society committee I am on.

First, see my reply which is message 602 on page 61 of this thread, to improve the time that it auto-saves your drafts. Secondly, you could write your reply in an external editor such as Word/Wordpad/Notepad then copy/paste to the email reply.

0 Ratings
Message 637 of 952

@PeteTH wrote:
Am I now missing something by not trying another product?

Absolutely you are.

0 Ratings
Message 638 of 952

@neilg40 wrote:

@Cate-59 whilst we wait for BT fixes to all these issues, there are some things you could do to alleviate your pain - I agree, I also need to compose long emails for a Society committee I am on.

First, see my reply which is message 602 on page 61 of this thread, to improve the time that it auto-saves your drafts. Secondly, you could write your reply in an external editor such as Word/Wordpad/Notepad then copy/paste to the email reply.

Alternatively, just use the right tool (a mail client) in the first place. No workaround required.

0 Ratings
Message 639 of 952

I have to ask the question as to why "liquorice" is even on this forum, when all he/she does is write unpleasant & mostly unhelpful comments. And I would ask him/her the question as to why we should, as he/she keeps insisting, have to use Thunderbird etc - we are paying (a lot!) for BT internet/emails & thus should expect to get what we are paying for, i.e. a workable email system, without having to access via another mail client.

0 Ratings
Message 640 of 952

You are entirely missing the point. I am trying to encourage people to use a far superior method of accessing email in an attempt to help people. If you actually tried it, I doubt you would go back to using webmail. My comments are not unpleasant or unhelpful.

There seems to be the impression that to use BT email one has to use BT's offerings, that is simply not the case.

Its extremely frustrating seeing people struggling with an awful interface knowing that it is unnecessary.