cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 741 of 952

Re: Are you unhappy with the new version of email on PC or is it just me?

I moved to EM client and it's good. 

Message 742 of 952

emails to bcc do not show 'reply' or 'reply all'

OK with android app.

0 Ratings
Message 743 of 952

I have been with them 34 years and this is the worse to be fair. A lot has changed in terms of the tech landscape and many are 100% phone now. Also how with the EE link impact things? I do hear you and I am in for the long haul as a customer ...
0 Ratings
Message 744 of 952

@TheAlanB 

An email client/app It is a stand alone program that is used to access email accounts from any email provider, BT included.

The moderators have never said that they can not be mentioned on the forum.

0 Ratings
Message 745 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

@TheAlanB wrote:

They have sometimes said they will purge old emails if they have not had a send/recieve for a while I am sure

@gg30340 

@RogerA 

Incorrect, what BT do is suspend then close the email account down if it is not used.

See link

Why has my email address been suspended or deleted? | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 746 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

technically incorrect but - Select either Reactivate or Reuse (you'll only see one of these, depending on whether the account was suspended or deleted). Sounds a risk if you have old emails and miss 'to be deleted warning' so worth flagging. Use it or loose it as they say.
0 Ratings
Message 747 of 952

I undertand the situation more now. Keen to know what people use on PC (Outlook Express style)
0 Ratings
Message 748 of 952

@TheAlanB 

You could try eM Client which gets good reviews or give Thunderbird another try.

Message 749 of 952

@TheAlanB 

If you use your email on more than one device I would suggest that you set it up as an IMAP account and that way your devices will synchronise with each other and with the BT servers.

If you only use it on your PC you could use either POP3 or IMAP but if you use POP3 keep in mind that what you do on the email client will not be synchronised with the BT servers. ie If you delete an email on your email client or send an email from your email client this will not be replicated on the BT servers so it will not be reflected if you log onto webmail and visa versa.  

Message 750 of 952

Just a comment on your comment
Quote:
Not wishing to be rude, but not sure what you hope to gain by contacting customer services.
BT are working on the problem and will provide fixes as soon as able. The current problems are a result of rushing something out before it was ready, do you want a repeat?
The current problems are a result of rushing something out before it was ready, do you want a repeat?

I had telephone a chat with customer services rep regarding this point and was told it was fully trialled. I mentioned that as a regular volunteer trialist with BT that I have not seen any information on any trial.
If reports from users are "ignored or dismissed" and the response from customer services is to give a glib reply that BT developers are aware of all the problems and will fix them in the next release, how long will the problems go on for.

( Just a comment, not wishing to start a debate)
0 Ratings