cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 791 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

My images are fine in Edge, and default setting to show them now seems to be holding. Overall, no new issues arising last week; the time out on "cursor" jump" when typing (I've set mine to max) is still a problem, but I manage.
0 Ratings
Message 792 of 952

Re: Email issue replying to emails

For me the issue of the jumping cursor is the most serious issue. It's disruptive, time-consuming and prone to sending a rogue message.  It seems that a beta version couldn't have been tested properly which is unforgiveable for such a large organisation.

The powers-that-be are talking about a new version, but when?  

Message 793 of 952

When composing an email the font it uses is that of the last email. There is no way to set a default font?

Also it does not give the font name in the dropdown.

Known?

Also not possible to reply to an email where bcc'd.

0 Ratings
Message 794 of 952

Just had a nice person from BT call me, checking up on my issues with the 'upgrade'.  

Very pleasant, will call back next week.  

Message 795 of 952

BT Webmail Feedback

@SouthWest1 wrote:

When composing an email the font it uses is that of the last email. There is no way to set a default font? 

For some inexplicable reason beyond me, if you change the font when composing or replying to an email it keeps that font until you end your email session and log out of your email account.

The next time you log back on it reverts back to the BT chosen default font. There is no way at present to set your own default font. 

Also it does not give the font name in the dropdown.

Known?  It is a known issue and has been fed back to the Email Team and is in the forth coming update. see note 10

Webmail migration update - BT Community

I have replied without problem when Bcc into an email. What is happening when you try to reply?

What device, operating system and web browser are you using?

0 Ratings
Message 796 of 952

@gg30340wrote:

I have replied without problem when Bcc into an email. What is happening when you try to reply?

@gg30340 -  if the "To" field in a received mail is blank, nobody in the Bcc list can reply because the button/icon is  greyed out. But, the "Forward" button/icon is still accessible so there is a work around.

If there is a name in the "To" field, even if it's the sender's own name or email address, the Reply button/icon is active so anyone in the Bcc list can reply. 

I checked this before, it's consistent over Chrome, Firefox and MS Edge  under Windows 10. 

0 Ratings
Message 797 of 952

@PeterE17 

How can the "To"  address field be blank in the received email. If I click on the "Undisclosed recipients" showing in the "To" field and it shows my BT email address as being a Bcc. No other address is shown.

I have sent a gmail email to four of my BT accounts and did not put any email address into the gmail email "To" field.

I added the four BT email addresses into the Bcc field only.

Each of the BT email accounts received the email. When going into the email in the From address is my gmail account. Below that is "To" showing "Undisclosed recipients". If I click on that it brings up the email address of my BT account that I am presently reading/checking. None of the other email addresses are shown.

If I click on "Reply" it opens a new email with the gmail address in the "To" field and it sends the reply when I click on "Send".

If I click on the "Reply All" it opens a new email with the gmail address in the "To" filed and "Undisclosed recipients"  is also added. It is surrounded by a red box and hovering over it states "Invalid Field Value".

If I try to send it brings up a warning message that "<undisclosed-recipients> Invalid mail address, must have a domain part" and it won't send until I delete the "undisclosed recipients" box from the "To" Field.

Once I have done that it sends without a problem.

This is the same on all the BT accounts.

In other words it appears to be working as it should.

0 Ratings
Message 798 of 952

@gg30340 - in reply to message 795, thanks for the comprehensive reply. 

My post referred to emails in which the "To:" field under the sender's name reads simply "To:;" (that is, "To" followed by a colon followed by a semi-colon). The "Reply" and "Reply all" buttons are greyed out. 

I really had to hunt to find a mail that contained "undisclosed-recipients" in the "To:" field and I can confirm that it worked properly - clicking "Reply" worked ok, clicking "Reply all" brought up the red error box. 

I can't explain why you have not received any mails with the "To:" field blank. I cannot post an example image because an unmodified image would contain the sender's email address, which breaks Forum rules,  and a manipulated image would be subject to a "kill notification" order.

This is a monitored thread so the Mods will read these comments and can request a screenshot from me if they wish.

0 Ratings
Message 799 of 952

@PeterE17 

I am not expecting you to explain why I have not received an email with the "To" field blank, which after all my email appears to be how it should be working where as yours would seem to have an issue that needs to be investigated nor do I expect you to post an example because I am sure you would not be posting what you are saying if that was not the case.

My post was more to explain to you and the email team, who I do know monitor this thread, that not all accounts would appear to suffer from the problem.

It does seem odd that you have had emails previously that were "behaving correctly" where as now they don't.

In any event I will notify the moderators to pass this on to the email team.

0 Ratings
Message 800 of 952

Improvement to webmail following the down grade will probably occur when hell freezes over

I was down graded 37 days ago, which was when I had to set up a Gmail email address to continue sending a daily email to friends since c***email doesn't allow more than 5 attachments....

If there were any developers working on more downgrades I would have expected that we might have heard something in less than a month, after all this downgrade was probably produced by a team of 1 and a five year old at that

0 Ratings