cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 581 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

I do not have forwarding set up for Gmail.
I do have forwarding set up for old TalkTalk and VirginMedia accounts. Those emails are forwarded into my BT Email account.

I am no longer a BT Broadband Customer and I do not pay for Premium Email.

I last had BT Broadband about two years ago but I have continued to use BT Email as my main email.

When BT email changed recently I had and still have many problems which I am working around until the fixes are in place. My problem with not being able to send emails only started on Thursday 29th February into Friday 1st March. I believe I am receiving emails ok.
0 Ratings
Message 582 of 952

In that case, you will have been downgraded to Basic Mail which can only be used by webmail, not by clients such as Thunderbird.

0 Ratings
Message 583 of 952

Should I be reporting this as a fault?
And who do I report it too? BT or my current Broadband provider?
0 Ratings
Message 584 of 952

I do use Webmail. Although the problem is happening on both Webmail and Thunderbird.

As the problem was happening to every email I have sent since 29/2 1/3 on Webmail I thought I would try Thunderbird to see if it worked on there but it didn't.

I do not use Thunderbird often as I prefer to have my Email on my Web Browser.
0 Ratings
Message 585 of 952

Rading a few of others' postings, this error and messed up formatting was probably caused due to saving the email in drafts before sending it, rather than using the reply to all facility.

But a question remains have BT acknowledged and published a list of the bugs which their "upgrade" has caused?

How is progress monitored?

Why don't they roll back until they sort themselves out rather than have an embarassing community thread of 59 pages of problems?

Message 586 of 952

The new email system is absolutely appalling, messages come in and its hopeless trying to read them as part of a word is on one line and the other part of the word is on another line - This is a rem

inder that you have an engi

eer calling t

day

Then when you try to type an email, after a few words you suddenly look at the email and find that after a few words the rest of it goes to the top of the email  and in front of the header title so you get - 

ivering the shedtodayHi Jim

Will you be deliv

BT needs to get their act together and sort these problems out

Message 587 of 952

@chrisgore
Emails replies will go to Drafts irrespective of whether you Reply/Reply All/Forward to an email. This is how emails are saved in case of a crash or for you to return later to resume the reply. It's the same in Webmail or an email client such as Outlook
0 Ratings
Message 588 of 952

thanks Neil

Not sure how that explains some of my emails are now being received looking like this:

doesn=E2=80=99t want, once we supply them with a final copy of th=
e=20

Or including this:

I look forward to hearing from you.
=C2=A0
Kind regards
=C2=A0
Chris
=C2=A0
=C2=A0
=C2=A0

When I originally posted this on this community site I had thought that the problem was due to be having used the reply to all facility, but reading other contributions, I suspect it was because the way that BT was now saving emails.  Other posters seemed to be suggesting the same.

The fact remains that people have complained that emails are being received corrupted after BT upgraded the email - an upgrade which has over 50 pages of comments and complaints and not a single response, as far as I can see from a communications company saying something along the lines of: we have identified these xx bugs and will be updataing you on progress by a given date.

or to acknowedge that the upgrade was a mess so that they will roll it back until they sort it out.

0 Ratings
Message 589 of 952

I have begun adding a paragraph to the beginning of my emails informing recipients that the bizarre formatting of large and small fonts etc is not me going doolally!
0 Ratings
Message 590 of 952

good idea - could add to signature with apology for BT incompetence