Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 61 of 952

Re: BT E Mail

Same here. It's absolutely awful inho.

0 Ratings
Message 62 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

Why do things need to be changed, when they worked fine as they were? I'm still using Office 2003, it suits my needs.
Message 63 of 952

New Email Design - "Honey BT's Shrunk the Kids"

The changes within the product seem to offer no immediate advantages whatsoever as described elsewhere! Someone seems to be wasting their time and/or the accessibility and practicality of the user interface is being ignored again. Email Rules have again been ignored too with no easy method of sorting them either alphabetically nor by date. Another missed opportunity!

Specifically, the whole display within BT New Email has shrunk including email menu icons. Although solutions have been given for changing font on new messages the bigger issue is everything is smaller across the page.

Changing size by use of browser or display settings has a massive negative effect everywhere else i.e. excessive magnification. Is there an option to restore/re-size BT Email sizes limiting the effect to that application alone please?

Message 64 of 952

TRY THIS FIX ¦ BT Webmail Feedback

It appears that I've managed to get 'double-click / new-window' functioning, as follows:-

1. Highlight the required email, and rapidly click on it, until the new window opens.
(RAPID CLICKING, OPENS THE NEW WINDOW).

It works on my current spec, daily driver W10, SSD. It also works on my 15-yo, re-blown W10, ancient internals.

GIVE IT A GO ¦ WORKS-4-ME !
WOW250.gif

0 Ratings
Message 65 of 952

Re: TRY THIS FIX ¦ BT Webmail Feedback

@COMPANY-PENSIONER 

You do not need to "rapid clicking" to open it, double clicking on the email in the list will open and has always opened a new window with the email in it. This also happened in the "old" webmail interface. 

If you want to "manage" the email in that window go to the two arrow icons at the right hand side and it will give a you a menu of the functions to reply move etc.

0 Ratings
Message 66 of 952

@gg30340wrote:

@COMPANY-PENSIONER 

You do not need to "rapid clicking" to open it, double clicking on the email in the list will open and has always opened a new window with the email in it. This also happened in the "old" webmail interface. 

If you want to "manage" the email in that window go to the two arrow icons at the right hand side and it will give a you a menu of the functions to reply move etc.

Firefox.

Double-Click doesn't work for me, tried that: went to multiple-clicks, in an attempt to find a solution.
1st. Double-Click, email in a new window, doesn't open.
2nd. One-Click highlight: followed by Double-Click, email in a new window, doesn't open.
3rd. One-Click highlight: followed by Three-Clicks, or more: email opens in a new window.

Double checked the above, on two machines.
Quizzical 1.png

0 Ratings
Message 67 of 952

@COMPANY-PENSIONER 

I have just checked on Firefox Latest Version 122.0 and the double click works without problem as per your tests 1 and 2. Out of interest also tried three click and it opened as expected. Couldn't tell if it was actually the second click or the third click that activated it.

If you are using one could you have a faulty mouse?

0 Ratings
Message 68 of 952

@gg30340wrote:

@COMPANY-PENSIONER 

I have just checked on Firefox Latest Version 122.0 and the double click works without problem as per your tests 1 and 2. Out of interest also tried three click and it opened as expected. Couldn't tell if it was actually the second click or the third click that activated it.

If you are using one could you have a faulty mouse?

I've 4-mice, of various ilks. Finished up, using the hard wired mouse, no batteries. All the same, just keep clicking. The same happens with MS Edge. I did get the email open a couple of times, on a very, very fast double-click. It means having corrective, hand replacement surgery of a 6-yo, with very, very quick, small fingers. Full size people have trouble clicking that fast. Checked all the Control Panel Mouse settings: all good. Stumped for now ?

I have another ID, on the previous version of BT MAIL: the double-click is OK, and properly functions. Slow Click / Fast Click: they all work, OK.
My take is that, the clicking problem points towards the new version of BT MAIL, as Web Mail Version, not Client. Unless of course, you know to the contrary.
GRUMPY BRAIN-STORMING ?

0 Ratings
Message 69 of 952

Devices recognise single click or double click, nothing else.

0 Ratings
Message 70 of 952

I always thought DEVICES was in WILTSHIRE ?

If multiple clicks does the job; that's what I'm going to do.
lifebouy.jpg

0 Ratings