Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 271 of 952

Re: BT E Mail

Thank you for this insight.
Now much happier with email use
0 Ratings
Message 272 of 952

BT internet email - now desperately slow and clunky and so much phishing!

Used to be very easy to use.  Now whatever it is software change has been announced the web version is difficult to use - slow, font size keeps changing.  The app works fine but there are a lot of things that need to be done on a proper machine and not a phone.  Anyone else struggling?  

And, I get phishing emails almost every day and send them off to phishing@bt.com. never get a response and these emails keep coming, threatening to close my account if I don't log on again etc.  I have an elderly relative that was caught by one of these, her email hijacked and it took hours to sort it out.  No warnings from BT about these scams and by the looks of it no action to stop them.  I never get them through gmail.  Does anyone know if BT actually does anything with these notifications?

0 Ratings
Message 273 of 952

Re: BT E Mail (Handles for Sliders are Invisible)

I recently posted an issue that the handles on the vertical sliders are only visible when I hover my cursor over them, so I waste a lot of time trying to find them. This is in MS Edge. I have now found that the handles are visible all the time in Firefox, so the issue becomes that the new BT mail renders differently in Edge and Firefox. I'm guessing this is not intentional, so the developers might like to correct the way it functions in Edge? BTW both my browsers are fully up-to-date, and are set to auto-update.

0 Ratings
Message 274 of 952

Re: BT E Mail (Handles for Sliders are Invisible)

And I should have said in a PC running Windows 10.

0 Ratings
Message 275 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

Another issue - I've found that it isn't possible to reply to emails where I am copied in blind. As there is no recipient, it won't let me reply. 

Screenshot 2024-02-12 125045.png

0 Ratings
Message 276 of 952

I do not wish to go into detail about individual features rather just to say that the new email does not work at an acceptable speed and is frequently interrupted with page unresponsive messages. My laptop is running Windows 10 and chrome browser version 121.0.6167.161 and is advised as to being up to date. The previous email version worked fine but now the typed word does not even keep up to speed when typing. I have sent emails and cannot confirm whether they have actually been sent. Attempting reply or forward the whole thing grinds to a halt.

I have reported the poor performance to BT and their rudimentary tests do not show any problems. It is as if my laptop has insufficient memory with continual buffering and page unresponsive messages. The new format is not fit for purpose please revert to the old version until any replacement is adequately tested.

Message 277 of 952

My suggestion is if you have time, telephone BT and make a complaint.  Today I telephoned BT and did this.  The man I spoke to for half an hour took a lot of notes, and lodged a complaint.  I asked whether anyone from BT was monitoring the BT Community Forum but he did not know as he had never heard of it and I had to give him the url.  When I pointed out all the negative comments, he said he would add this to my complaint and he hoped it would be raised to a higher level.  

Message 278 of 952

I have asked the moderators to give an update on what the BT Email Team are doing about the complaints and issues with the "new" email system that have been posted on this and other threads on the forum.

0 Ratings
Message 279 of 952

@adam101 wrote:

Another issue - I've found that it isn't possible to reply to emails where I am copied in blind. As there is no recipient, it won't let me reply. 

Screenshot 2024-02-12 125045.png

I have informed the moderators about this issue and I have asked them to pass it onto the email team who have apparently been collating all the problems that have been posted on this thread and are working on fixes.

0 Ratings
Message 280 of 952

Hi @adam101 I'm sorry, I've highlighted this with the email team.

Neil

0 Ratings