cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 311 of 952

Re: Email Changes

On the broken words and formatting issues, a workaround may be to try and print the email. The formatting looks more normally when I've looked at the print preview of emails.

0 Ratings
Message 312 of 952

Re: New format keeps moving text when it's being typed

I'm having the same problem and it's driving me crazy!

Also, I just typed an email. I pressed Send but it said there was an issue and could not send. And the email was not saved in Drafts. So I need to start again.

What is the best way of complaining to BT. I can't find on online complaint form (which in itself deserves a complaint)!

Message 313 of 952

Re: New format keeps moving text when it's being typed

There is a 31 page thread of complaints about the new webmail UI https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/BT-Webmail-Feedback/td-p/2340165/page/31

BT are aware of the issues and allegedly are addressing them.

Message 314 of 952

On the broken words and formatting issues...

I second that comment. I've just composed and sent my first full-length written email since the change. Observations:

• In the reply composition window, I had to set the type size to 18 Pt to match the appearance of the 12 / 11 Pt documents I was commenting on.
  • In the sent mail folder, the on-screen display doesn't show the paragraph separation.
  • In the print preview window, the message looks good - font size and paragraph spacing are what I was trying to achieve.
  • When actually printed out, the final version actually looks like 18 Pt - i.e. too big

The acid test, of course, is how it will be rendered on the receiver's screen (in whatever mail tool they're using), and on their printer. I'll probably get a chance to ask about that.

I also confirm that word wrapping appears correct in the print preview window for received emails with on-screen errors. I haven't tried actually committing one to paper yet.

0 Ratings
Message 315 of 952

Re: default point size view for new BT email - how to change?

Re "Try starting your email by first using the carrage return to get you three or four lines down the page before typing your message."

Thanks, but doing that takes me into the font which is just too small to be comfortable to work with. A way I have found to avoid many of these problems is to draft in Word, copy and paste the final text into Notepad to get rid of all the control characters, then copy it out of Notepad and paste it into my BT email.

But the basic problem is BT releasing untested software.

0 Ratings
Message 316 of 952

@MrMole wrote:

But the basic problem is BT releasing untested software.

I think we all know what the basic problem is. BT are aware of the issues highlighted in this thread and are apparently working on resolving them. There is at present no time scale on this happening hence the "work arounds" that are posted in the various threads in the forum email board.

Message 317 of 952

......and I've just found, like others, that if you don't keep your wits about you the damn cursor  goes back to the start of the message when you are typing an email, and in a smaller font to boot. By the time you look up (yes, I know you shouldn't look at the keyboard) you've got two lines of type in the wrong size in the wrong place. I tried starting two blank lines down but still suffered the same fate.

I won't add any more to the thread, just hope that BT get the message that its customers shouldn't have to pay for  these dreadful time consuming so-say 'improvements'. Why should the forum need to be full of work-round suggestions, albeit these are gratefully received? I'm usually pretty calm and relaxed, but not today.

0 Ratings
Message 318 of 952

Some more evidence for their consideration.

On screen:

RichardHaselgrove_0-1707928535226.png

The blue text on the second line is a url. In print preview and on paper, it is properly rendered with a line break between 'this' and 'June'.

0 Ratings
Message 319 of 952

I agree. Everything about this new system is much worse than the old and why should we have to have 'work-arounds'? If the thing were fit for purpose they would not be needed... very unhappy with this...
0 Ratings
Message 320 of 952

Ok. If the "work arounds" are not wanted I will stop posting them and hopefully posters will be able to struggle through and work things out for them selves.