cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 341 of 952

Re: Problems with new version of BT Email.

Absolutely  The new format is not in the slightest user friendly.  When I am typing emails the "draft/send" buttons flash on and off and on many an occasion have stopped me from composing or sending emails.  Also it freezes when you are trying to send an email.  A totally awful system that BT should address urgently

0 Ratings
Message 342 of 952

Re: Email Changes

Thankyou Distinguished Sage.

You convinced me to some extent and I have downloaded the BTmail app.

I can now PRINT an email.

Thanks again

0 Ratings
Message 343 of 952

@Garry2 

I  and no doubt @licquorice would have suggested just using the iPad and iPhone email app rather than using the BTMail app which in my opinion is not very good however keep trying it to see how you get on.

Hopefully you have already done this but I would also have suggested that you set the app, which ever one you decide to use, as an IMAP account and not a POP3 account.

The reason for that is that an IMAP account will synchronise across all your devices. All your folder on the BT servers will be shown on all your devices and anything you do such as deleting/ sending / filing etc an email on your iPad and it will also be exactly the same on your iPhone and any other devices that you set the app up on.  

Message 344 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

The main problem that I am having with the update is on the webmail the difference in font between the read and unread emails makes it hard to see which emails I have still left to read.  Basically the bold isn't very bold.  Is there any way of making them stand out more>

0 Ratings
Message 345 of 952

@HellsBells2 wrote:

The main problem that I am having with the update is on the webmail the difference in font between the read and unread emails makes it hard to see which emails I have still left to read.  Basically the bold isn't very bold.  Is there any way of making them stand out more>

You can not change how bold the unread emails look but you can make the list show the unread emails at the top of the list which may help.

If you click on the 3 lines in the upside down triangle icon at the right hand side at the top of the list this allows you to sort the email list as read or unread.

0 Ratings
Message 346 of 952

My iPad and iPhone are already synchronised and it does seem to be working with the emails

I will persevere with BTMAIL for the moment.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 347 of 952

@Garry2 wrote:

My iPad and iPhone are already synchronised and it does seem to be working with the emails

I will persevere with BTMAIL for the moment.

Thanks

That's good, that means you have it set up as an IMAP account. If you log onto your email account using a browser that will also be synchronised should you need to use that method again at some point.

0 Ratings
Message 348 of 952

Still struggling with new Email interface, with niggling issues not much good to say compared to previous interface, which itself was still far down the list compared to other webmail interfaces.

For example, previous BT webmail interface clearly showed how many files were being deleted or moved to other folders.

This new interface insists on leaving ticks on emails and when we move files around, either to another folder or the trash folder, since it does not display how many files are being moved we never quite know how many files are being dragged. This sort of mistake hardly ever occurred in the previous interface but it is now rife with errors every time we do so.

Not wishing to sound mean and petty, as we all adapt to change especially if it's for the better, but we're really struggling to find many positives with this new BT email interface.

The new interface email "colours" may look cool and I hope we will get used to the new visual, making the most of it as a visual aid, but right now just looks gimmicky and of little substance.

Message 349 of 952

gg30340 .. " The advert that was displayed and reappeared even after the user closed it has been removed."

That must have taken some coding effort like  Show_ad = True  changed to Show_ad =False ..

0 Ratings
Message 350 of 952

@oldles 

and your point is! Do you want it back?

0 Ratings