cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 351 of 952

Re: BT internet email - now desperately slow and clunky and so much phishing!

Just read through the Feedback looking for an answer to my issue. Haven't found it yet but I saw your comment on phishing emails. The best place to forward them to is report@phishing.gov.uk. This the National Cyber Security Centre backed by the Government. While they don't tell you what happens about the email you send them they do respond with an automated reply giving stats about the numbers they receive and the scams removed. They also give some advice, or where to look for it, on fraud and scams. I've been forwarding phishing emails to them for years now. I hope this helps.

Message 352 of 952

Re: Email Changes

I have a couple of issues with the new BT Webmail. Firstly with regards to your last comment in message 240, when I click once on the box @ LHS of an email it definitely does not just select it, it opens it. If you have covered this or BT are already looking into it then I apologise.

Secondly the preview pane, which I have below the list of emails, cannot be made any smaller and only allows a maximum of 7 emails in the list. When I try to drag the top line of the preview pane it will move upwards to make it bigger but  not downwards to make it smaller. This was possible in the previous version. 

I am using the latest version of Chrome in Windows 11.

0 Ratings
Message 353 of 952

Re: Email Changes

@uncthebunc wrote:

I have a couple of issues with the new BT Webmail. Firstly with regards to your last comment in message 240, when I click once on the box @ LHS of an email it definitely does not just select it, it opens it. If you have covered this or BT are already looking into it then I apologise. I note that you are using a preview pane. I do not use any preview pane for the following reason.

If you have the email set to preview, it will be classed as opened if you allow images in the preview pane because this can send a tracker to the sender. If you do not have a preview pane selected then clicking once on the box on the left does not open the email, it only selects it which then allows you to manage it from the menu bar.

Secondly the preview pane, which I have below the list of emails, cannot be made any smaller and only allows a maximum of 7 emails in the list. When I try to drag the top line of the preview pane it will move upwards to make it bigger but  not downwards to make it smaller. This was possible in the previous version. 

I am using the latest version of Chrome in Windows 11.

0 Ratings
Message 354 of 952

Re: New format keeps moving text when it's being typed

Same here - impossible to type an email!
0 Ratings
Message 355 of 952

Cursor jumping when composing email

With the new-look email (which I don't like) I now have found that the cursor keeps jumping for no obvious reason at all. In the midst of typing a message I find that it has jumped back to the start of the message (missing out a few letters in the process). This can happen umpteen times in the course of an email - I suspect it may be doing this each time it automatically saves a draft as go along. It is SO frustrating and time-consuming!

Any ideas how to fix this? 

Message 356 of 952

New email is rubbish

Other complaints about the new email, apart from ones I've previously mentioned:

1) why does the cursor suddenly jump to the top of the screen when I'm typing an email, so my next text appears in the wrong place, such as the email address box?  I think this is because the text keeps re-formatting itself every few seconds.  This is a real nuisance.

2) if I try to delete more than 4-5 emails at once from my Inbox or Sent box, by clicking on them and then selecting Delete button, I invariably get a message telling me it can't be done at the moment.  With the previous system, I could select any  number of emails and then select Delete and it would work.   So I'm now having to delete any unwanted emails in one's two's or three's, as this is the only way it obeys the command to delete.  Crazy.

How is this an 'improvement'?

Message 357 of 952

Re: New email is rubbish

I am having the same problems and it is driving me crazy.  I am an older user and I dislike change.  Particularly dislike the coloured initial boxes to the side.  They keep pulling my peripheral vision and don't help at all.

Message 358 of 952

Re: New email is rubbish

It's the same old story - let's change something, but don't give it a thorough test-drive before letting it loose on the public.  Let them find out the problems afterwards, so they can then tell us.

Not good enough, BT.  

Message 359 of 952

Re: BT E Mail

Phew!  That was easy after I sorted my left from my right.  Thank you so much.  Now my vision can relax instead of being on colour alert all the time.

0 Ratings
Message 360 of 952

Re: BT E Mail

I've noticed that I am now on version 3.2.1 as of today. The issue with the cursor jumping to the start of the emails seems to be even worse and Chrome now keeps asking me if I want to end the page.

@DavidM Can you advise when this particular issue will be fixed, as it seems like a most pressing one that needs to be fixed, as it is making it very unusable unlike the other issues?

0 Ratings