cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 371 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

@RichardHaselgrove wrote:

No. But see messages 356 and 358

Because I chose to display the messages here in "newest first" order, I think the messages you mean are currently numbered 5 and 2. They'll move down by one when I post this reply.

"no fixed, searchable, numbering" is a weakness of this message board, not the BT webmail user interface.

OMG I don't believe that!!! I've never sorted by 'newest first'. How on earth can a forum be so crazy as to number the posts differently if they are sorted in a different order. They numbering sequence should be chronological regardless of sorting.

0 Ratings
Message 372 of 952

@NinaBaker wrote:

Since the new email I found that my old signature is no longer acceptable. Apparently the links I had had in it for ages are now making it too large, as is italicising one line of the text.  These actions apparently take it over the 1kb limit.

Come on BT this is absurd. Sort it out.

See this thread and in particular message 8 and 9

Re: New email layout - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 373 of 952

Re: Email Changes

Thank you for your prompt reply. I wasn't aware of the tracker issue so I have learned something new, thank you. 

I assume, therefore, that if I block images I can still use the preview pane safely without being exposed to trackers. I find the preview pane useful so that I can read the text without having to click backwards and forwards to a full page view, fewer clicks. I would be grateful, therefore, if you could pass the issue of not being able to reduce the size of the pane to the BT team. I can use it as it is so it's not a priority but it is irritating that this feature does not work as it did before.

0 Ratings
Message 374 of 952

@uncthebunc wrote:

Thank you for your prompt reply. I wasn't aware of the tracker issue so I have learned something new, thank you. 

I assume, therefore, that if I block images I can still use the preview pane safely without being exposed to trackers. Yes

I would be grateful, therefore, if you could pass the issue of not being able to reduce the size of the pane to the BT team. I can use it as it is so it's not a priority but it is irritating that this feature does not work as it did before. I think this has already been mentioned but will pass it on just in case. I would say however don't hold your breath waiting for it to be changed. meanwhile try the "Right" Preview pane. It may suit you better.

0 Ratings
Message 375 of 952

Yes, I should have tried the "Right" preview pane before. The size of that is adjustable to smaller and larger. Thank you for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 376 of 952

Re: Webmail feedback

Very annoying, I agree.
0 Ratings
Message 377 of 952

Does anyone know how I can stop getting alerts from BT Community by email whenever someone posts on this subject?  I would have pressed "email me when someone replies" I expect but I want to cancel it. I cannot see how to do this in my settings.  There are so many comments about all the problems with the new system I cannot cope with the number of alerts coming in!

0 Ratings
Message 378 of 952

@jn_girl 

If you do not want emails regarding new messages you can "unsubscribe" from the thread by clicking on the three dots at the right hand side at the top of the page above the first message.

Message 379 of 952

Brilliant, thank you so much, I was inundated!
0 Ratings
Message 380 of 952

Re: Cursor jumping when composing email

The same thing is happening to me its driving me crazy. I also hate the way the email opens up in a pop up box (sometimes but not always) and when I have read an email it still shows as unread. Its also extremely slow

BT you have made a mess of this please get it sorted out or just reinstate the old system which was ok

0 Ratings