cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 361 of 952

Re: BT E Mail

I'm also on v=ci-MX_3.2.1#

It didn't seem to have the problems you report (Windows 7, Chrome), but I did notice a number of remaining buglets.

• The isolated 'reply' button to the top right (icon, no tooltip) turns out to be 'Reply all', not 'Reply' as I assumed.
  • It was a 'reply to a reply', and the subject line was given a duplicated "Re: " (unlike here).
  • Flagging of speeling errors (my bad typing!) was considerably slower than with other apps on this machine.
  • The 'compose' window appears as a modal dialog (fixed size, unmoveable) - contrary to Windows design guidance, and making it hard to refer to other documents while composing.
  • The compose dialog adds paragraph spacing to the layout. The unwanted 'copy to self' I received had all the paragraphs run together in a single blob of text - no spacing.

That'll do for now.

Message 362 of 952

Welcome to our world. It is really sad that BT is still rolling out the rubbish 'upgrade' and you are one of today's victims. I agree, the nonsense with the cursor is dreadful, and seemingly getting worse not better. For important emails I've resorted to using Word and then sending the 'email' as an attachment. What next, a quill pen? If there isn't a rapid fix (and I add my weight to your polite request) I'm off to look for an email service that works....
Message 363 of 952

Oh for goodness sake it isn't the mail service that is the problem, it's the webmail interface. As I keep posting but nobody seems to want to stop banging their heads against a brick wall. Simply use a mail client (app) such as Thunderbird, it will be a revelation to you.

0 Ratings
Message 364 of 952

Hi As I am new to all this. Can you provide a link to Thunderbird and repost your best description of it. Grateful for new info.
0 Ratings
Message 365 of 952

https://www.thunderbird.net/en-GB/

The best description I can give is it the proper tool for the job

0 Ratings
Message 366 of 952

User interfaces matter - as I learned, slowly and painfully, when I was asked to design one shortly after the release of Windows 3.0 (over 30 years ago).

BT is in danger of abusing its near-monopoly position (when considered in conjunction with its partner Openreach). I chose to switch to a BT mail account when extended-reach broadband finally reached my village, at the then-magnificent speed of 512 Kbit/sec. Since then, I have upgraded to 70Mbit FTTC - FTTP is not yet available - and BT have unilaterally switched me to VOIP over that link. My landline, email address, and broadband service form a holistic combined communications package, and I like to keep it that way. (It's a single point of contact for breakdowns - reduces buck-passing)

I can use the current offering, and I choose to continue with it - while still being acutely aware of the shortcomings of the new interface, and being ready to work with you to improve it. Call it beta testing.

Message 367 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

I hate the new email appearance and the way it behaves. I cannot adjust the screen layout and have it stay the way I want: it just reverts each time. Also it is very very sluggish to open email after it is selected/highlighted. I cannot get the drop down menus to stay open when trying to move an email to one of my folders.

Is there any way to revert to the old version?

0 Ratings
Message 368 of 952

No. But see messages 356 and 358

0 Ratings
Message 369 of 952

Since the new email I found that my old signature is no longer acceptable. Apparently the links I had had in it for ages are now making it too large, as is italicising one line of the text.  These actions apparently take it over the 1kb limit.

Come on BT this is absurd. Sort it out.

0 Ratings
Message 370 of 952

No. But see messages 356 and 358

Because I chose to display the messages here in "newest first" order, I think the messages you mean are currently numbered 5 and 2. They'll move down by one when I post this reply.

"no fixed, searchable, numbering" is a weakness of this message board, not the BT webmail user interface.

0 Ratings