cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 911 of 952

Re: USE OF THE NEW INTERFACE

Yes, DaveOrr, that's correct. I've had no problems composing e-mails since first becoming aware of the new interface a couple of months ago. The webmail version according to the URL is: "MX_3.2.1".

I've just composed a new e-mail with several multi-line paragraphs and the editor behaved perfectly. And the layout at the recipient end (Outlook desktop app on Windows) was faithfully preserved i.e., a blank line inserted at the end of each paragraph (where I pressed Return) and no blank line where I used Shift + Return to suppress the default double-line paragraph spacing. No random jumps or font changes.

The font remains as it is while typing and if I change the font type and/or size (which I rarely do for e-mails) the change is retained as I type. The default font looks OK to me although if it's "Andale Mono" , I've never heard of it. In my test, Outlook presented it as "Arial 12". If I choose say, Arial Black, it shows as the same in Outlook. I'm using the default rich text format.

By the way, in my time of using e-mail I rarely change fonts or play around with too much formatting as experience tells me it may all be lost or at least appear differently when the recipient reads it. And I don't expect webmail interfaces to be as fully featured as client applications.

My only big bugbear is the stupidly wide first column showing the folder names which is set to about 3" wide (as roughly measured on my display) whereas it used to be about 2", as it was, and still is, on the old interface "MX 2.33.0". It can be reduced but reverts back on a web page refresh or new login. Actually this is also the case on the old interface but at least the default width was sensible and I never felt the need to change it unless temporarily to see a very long folder name.

Also, as others have noted, it's definitely not as responsive as the previous interface and I have to use triple-click to get an e-mail to open in its own window using either Edge or Firefox. On the previous interface, a double-click works perfectly and quickly.

I've tested used Edge Version 123.0.2420.65 (64-bit) and Firefox 125.0b9 (32-bit) both running on Windows 10 22H2 (Build 19045,.4239).

Shaun.

0 Ratings
Message 912 of 952

Re: When will BT fix the awful editor in the new BT web email?

Haven’t BT said they are fixing it and will let us know when it’s ready? Keep phoning them isn’t going to help! 

0 Ratings
Message 913 of 952

I rang once only but left my complaint open rather than being fobbed off with a powerless user forum. 

If it isn't fixed by BT as promised then from w/c 15th of April, I suggest a campaign of phone calls to BT to create cost pressures! 

Message 914 of 952

Re: New email format

I absolutely hate this new email format too. The print is very faint and everything is not so clear.My sent box emails have all but disappeared, I cannot just amend email addresses I have to delete completely and then start again. My QR codes, images and similar are not so readily there for me to see. It’s just awful.

0 Ratings
Message 915 of 952

Afternoon guys - while there isn't a confirmed date for the new release to be pushed to live, there is some movement on testing and readiness. 

I've posted a brief update from the product team here - Webmail migration update - BT Community

All going well with testing, it hopefully won't be too much longer. 

0 Ratings
Message 916 of 952

Re: My typing keeps jumping back to the start!!!!

Really? An untested release? Is that official or just supposition? It looks like it's an untested release I agree but who in their right mind thought that was a good idea .... strewth!
Message 917 of 952

Hi NickBS, Pleased to hear there's some development going on. I look forward to the results.

Is there any chance my main gripe can be added to the list of 17? Namely the overly wide first column which was significantly narrower in the previous interface. If the default width could be made about the same as it was (about two thirds of the current default width) I think this would be a big improvement to the look and feel. And if the width chosen by the user by dragging the vertical line left and right could be remembered in the settings, that would be even better.

Regards,

Shaun.

0 Ratings
Message 918 of 952

I use sub folders, so I like the wider left margin.

A simply solution would be to allow the user to set the margin to their wishes and remember it between sessions. 

Message 919 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

The e-mails system seems to have gone back to an earlier version as some issues seemed to have been fixed before but no more. Today, it's freezing which means I have to close it and then log back in, the cursor jumps to the top while composing messages, the font defaults to HTML on lines below the first one.  The sooner the next version is released the better - please test it before release!

0 Ratings
Message 920 of 952

Re: BT Webmail Feedback

please test it before release!

It might be a good idea if they recruited a panel of real-life users - US! - to be volunteer testers, with all our varying systems and usage cases. I for one would be willing to help in such an effort.

0 Ratings