Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 27

Re: BT email In box not showing mails

Thanks again. I'll look into this

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 27

Thunderbird normally defaults to IMAP.  What that means is that it replicates all of the folders stored on the BT servers, so you can still use webmail if you need to, and any changes to the Thunderbird folders, are replicated on the BT servers as well.

If you have a lot of mail stored on the BT servers, Thunderbird can take a while to download it locally. Also yo need to have enough spare storage space on you PC, to keep all of the mail and any attachments.

You can configure it to download mail headers only. Then you can select which message you want to read, and it will download it for you. That takes up very little space, but you do not have a local copy of all your mail.

Mail headers take up very little space.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1327579

"Thunderbird will download headers in all cases to build the local index so it can show what mail is in the folder.

If you turn off the option in account settings > synchronization and storage to keep messages in all folders for this account on this computer then unless you set individual folder options in advanced, only headers for the account will be downloaded. Turn it on and you get the whole message"

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 27

I've just managed to get a response on the bt chatbot. Suggested I download the bt email app.  It seems to have worked as I can see my inbox messages on the app.  I only had problems since the recent bt changes to the look of the emails, it must be connected to that. 

Message 14 of 27

Is that on your laptop, or on a mobile phone?
If it's on the mobile phone can you see all your inbox or only the last few months or so?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 27

I have been having the same issue for over a week. I had hoped that BT would hav  sorted this by now.

I am able to view my Inbox on my mobile phone so have been managing that way but not ideal 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 27

Well the problem seems to have been resolved, presumably by BT although I didn't receive the promised contact from 'offline' support. My inbox reappeared a day or so ago and so far hasn't reverted to the 'having an issue, try again' error message. I'll leave this thread open if I may for another day or three before flagging/closing it as resolved just to be sure it is a permanent fix.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 27

I had the same problem which has now resolved itself.

My latest problem is that web mail online on a PC, I can only see the top 50 emails in my inbox and cant scroll down the list to see any more.

Sent emails works exactly as expected and you can scroll down as far as you like.

I spent 50 minutes on chat yesterday reporting it to BT and have a reference number.

It was the same on multiple browsers and multiple computers.

Is it just me? 

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 27

No it's not just you.

I assumed the prob;em had been fixed but after reading your post I checked my inbox and I only have emails sent over the last couple of days.

Not sure what is going on.

Message 19 of 27

Same here! I hadn't looked closely enough and I have that same issue - only a day or two's emails in the inbox and it won't scroll/page down any further. The search function works though and older emails can be accessed that way but it is clearly still not completely right.

Edit - thinking about it this limit on the size of the inbox has only happened overnight/today as yesterday I'm sure I successfully went back far more than 50 emails to find one that I needed to respond to without using search.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 27

Having same problem. 

0 Ratings