cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT email reset unsuccessful

Go to solution

Hi,

have a free BT email account which I’ve had for years. Yesterday I could not login and I received a message that my account has been locked due to suspicious activity.

I attempted a password reset however I keep getting a message advising ‘password reset unsuccessful please try again later. I have tried this several times over the last 24 hours. My new password meets all of the listed criteria.

I have spoke to BT who have confirmed that the account is not locked. I have also followed their guidance on deleting my browsing history, cookies cache etc.

Has anyone experienced this and managed to rectify it?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT email reset unsuccessful

Go to solution

How are you accessing your email? Is it with a web browser or using and email client/app.

Have you tried logging into your email account directly using a browser and if so what message do you get. 

See link.

BTMail 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi,

I have tried both the browser and the BT email app. They both give me the same message with the password reset failure.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Adamj31 and welcome to our community.

Sorry you're having problems with your email. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. Please check your inbox for my message and drop me over the details.

Thanks @gg30340 for raising.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Adamj31, thanks for your PM yesterday evening to confirm that you're now able to access your email account.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings