cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Basic email

Go to solution

I was told if I left BT I would be able to keep BT basic email. I have emails to prove this. Now I am being told I cannot keep it. Why?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Basic email

Go to solution

BT mail is no longer being provided to new customers, so its possible that the situation has now changed.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

I am not a new customer! I have been with BT for nearly 18 years but have just left. I have an email sent to me on 08/822 which says I can keep basic email. Now I have had an email. 09/9/22 saying they are closing it. Why?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@roundaboutharrogate wrote:

I was told if I left BT I would be able to keep BT basic email. I have emails to prove this. Now I am being told I cannot keep it. Why?

Who told you that you couldn't keep it? As far as I'm aware Basic mail hasn't been withdrawn.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, I was sent this today! I didn't ask to stop it and understood if I left I could keep it!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Please edit the screenshot to remove personal details.

I will ask the mods for clarification.

Did you call Customer Services to ask why?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Screenshot 2022-09-09 17.06.21.pngYes I rang and they just said I couldn't keep it but I have the original email which says I can!

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @roundaboutharrogate,

I am sorry that your BT Basic Mail was stopped. The message says that we are sorry that you are cancelling the service. As you didn't ask for that, we most likely closed it by mistake during the rest of your services being cancelled.

If your email is already deleted, I may not be able to retrieve any of the emails from your mailbox. However, I may be able to get the email address back with a new mailbox that you can use. This is something that I can do. I'll send you a private message so we can get this picked up for you over the next few working days.

Thanks
DanielS

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

BT mail is no longer being provided to new customers, so its possible that the situation has now changed.

That is not correct. The moderators have confirmed that new customers are still being offered the BTMail service.