cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 101

Re: Blocking Spam domains not working

@licquorice wrote:

Sorry Keith, that just isn't a practical solution for email.

It seems to work fine on Thunderbird, you can treat all email addresses in its address book as not spam, and then mark anything else as spam. In practice I find the adaptive spam filtering in Thunderbird works well, however I use Gmail which is also good at removing spam.

I do have to occasionally mark emails as "not spam", its usually those that contain "one time" verification codes that end up in the wrong place.

I can see that BT Webmail may be a problem, but who want to use that?

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 101

Unfortunately, not every sender that you may wish to receive mails from are in your contacts and may arrive unsolicited but required.  It's the Donald Rumsfeld unknown unknowns.

Again unfortunately, the vast majority of customers use webmail rather than a mail client ( to their detriment).

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 101

@licquorice 

BT & BT-Yahoo managed to block virtually all spam over the past 5 or 6 years, so yes, it IS possible but it also costs money, which they appear loath to spend.

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 101

@Oddbodkin

I agree with this. Something has changed to everyone's detriment. Thank you to everyone who tries to help. Still no replies from any BT employees.

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 101

Unless you know better I doubt it is lack of money that is causing this. It is more likely that the spammers have found a way around the spam filters and as usual it takes time for developers to catch up and work out a safe and secure way to block them...... until the next time.

Message 46 of 101

@gg30340 

They've had several months to sort it, or even admit there's an issue.

As things stand, they've done neither, nor has anyone from BT commented here.

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 101

Hi @Oddbodkin, sorry you are receiving a lot of spam and are unable to block the domains. 

I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 101

Why do the BT mail team always treat what is obviously a systemic fault as an individual problem?

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 101

John C2,    if you read the thread please, you will see this is a widespread problem, not one related to a particular individual? What can you do to help the whole Community please?

Message 50 of 101

Just has a phone call from BT. This issue has been sent up the chain & any updates will be posted here.