cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 71 of 101

Re: Blocking Spam domains not working

Good afternoon everyone,

We’re really sorry that you have been receiving more items of spam into your inboxes recently.  We are actively working with our security teams and antispam vendor, as well as with some of the network operators associated with the origin of the spam to prevent further types of these messages being delivered to your inbox.

A number of changes have already been made and we will be continuing to progress this as a priority.  In order for us to continue to give you the best email experience, we ask that customers continue to help us by reporting spam using the “Mark As Spam” feature in webmail and the BT email mobile app. We recommend you never reply directly or try to engage with spam or phishing senders.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 72 of 101

@RobbieMac Thank you, it has been going on for a long time, but I do think in the last few days it has lessened.  Today I got a fashion ad from admailers.  At the bottom it says 

You are receiving this from ADVERTIS AS, P.B 6696 Rodeløkka, 0502, Oslo, Norway, because you are on Time Travel Promotion LP's list of consumers under controller ID [long number]. You have the right of access, rectification, opposition and consent for your data which you can access under Privacy Policy [link].  

I have looked up their website and there is a long description including other companies that are linked eg clikplan, coupon&go, oferting. At the very bottom it says We hereby inform you that your data has not been communicated nor transferred to any entity you haven’t consented to.  However, I am not aware of consenting to this.

On the face of it, it looks like it is legitimate and I can ask them to remove me, but I am nervous to do so.  At the moment I have just marked as spam and block sender.

0 Ratings
Message 73 of 101

Never unsubscribe from any spam emails and in particular if you have never subscribed in the first place. All you are doing is confirming that the spammers now have a live email address.

Message 74 of 101

I'm sure what you say is absolutely the safest thing and each person should make their own decision. However, I have found it to be a seemingly successful method to unsubscribe with some of these spam e-mails; notably clicplan.  I "unsubscribed"  and never received another one in the past 2 weeks. And haven't received any ones from new sources.

0 Ratings
Message 75 of 101

@graeme57 

The clicplan & couponandgo ones (and a few others) come from one real parent company, which appears to be based in Spain

I went to their website & used their contact form to (not very politely) tell them to stop their spam.

I had an apology & the spam stopped

0 Ratings
Message 76 of 101

@Oddbodkin  You appear to have changed your tune a bit since message 28 in response to my assertion they were from genuine companies.

Message 77 of 101

Legitimate companies maybe. Contravening GDPR definitely & using the same mailing lists as supplied to spammers.

0 Ratings
Message 78 of 101

So you now agree that my post24 was correct and that your dismissal of it in post 28 was incorrect?

Message 79 of 101

Just received another one of those flipping "Dr@Gon's Den" emails from the domain accountprotection.microsoft.com which is in my blocked senders list...

Time to add another filter of my own as BT's spam filters are just not learning at the moment...

Funnily enough, I completed an online training course on neural networks yesterday where it was explained how spam filters work and (should) learn...  

0 Ratings
Message 80 of 101

Best if we don't get argumentative.......... 🙂 keep up the co-operation and mutual help