cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 24

Re: Calendar reminders

@delphinium9 and @tonyj3 

I've put a similar  test in place. I've deleted my recurring event and set up a replacement (with a different time  and  different description) .

I'll be interested to see if I get reminders for the original event - they would be due at 11:00 on Friday 31st May.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 24

Here's a new twist. 

I've just received a duplicated reminder for an event two days ago. 

I've taken a screenshot if the  moderators would like to see it, it's too personal to post here. 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 24

Hello, I've received an email reminder today for an event I deleted all occurrences of a couple of days ago. However, I seem to have received only one email reminder for the replacement event I put in the calendar. So some success!
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 24

I've added a post to the Feedback thread asking Admin to confirm that the reminders issue has been reported to the Email team.

NickBS was asked before but a new issue seem to have surfaced since the bugs list was compiled. 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 24

Hi, @PeterE17 I sent a message to one of our email team contacts earlier today about this thread, it's unlikely we'll hear anything back until after the bank holiday.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 24

Thanks @NeilO, at least we all know it's with the Dev team.  

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 24

Hi @NeilO , I've added a bit more detail to this problem on the Feedback thread, please see post 247.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 24

Update - For any new Calendar events I setup, I only get one reminder email. For old events, I get two reminder emails. So in the process of deleting all old events and creating new events. Luckily I do not have many events

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 24

@tonyj3 

You might still get one reminder mail for the old events - I do. Try to use a different description in the new events, or time them differently by a minute or so.  That way you can tell if the reminder came from the new or old event. 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 24

I have not had any reminders so far for the events I deleted. I thought about what you mentioned, and did use a different description & time (30 minutes later). So seems to be a little different outcome for some people. 

0 Ratings