cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Can't access email

Hello

On 12th Nov whilst away from home my Android email app which I've been using for BT mail (***.btinternet.com address) for years without any issues, told me it needed me to re-enter my credentials. I left it for a few days assuming it was a glitch, but even when I did try and enter credentials I couldn't get in. Once back at a laptop, I tried again, noting the messages about how accessing email addresses has changed but without any success. 

I've cleared the cache and history of the browser (Chrome), tried incognito, tried Safari. I can get into my BTID account which has had two account numbers for some time as we merged email into our Broadband package. One of the accounts says we are using 4 email addresses, but will only show us one of them (and that's not the one I need). The other account shows our Broadband packages as usual. If I click the Email link (as per the BT home page instructions) it just reloads the same page. I've tried downloading the BT mail app too, which says 'Sorry, we didn't recognise either your username or password. Please try again'.

Can anyone suggest what I should try next? Many thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Can't access email

I suspect there will be nothing any of the forum members will be able to suggest to help you.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They will advise you by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi @macjohnson

Thanks for your post and welcome to the BT Community!

I am sorry for the problems you're having logging into your mailbox.  I understand you're having problems logging in on both the app and webmail.  Have you tried entering the mailbox >> here to reset the password? <<  

Can you have a go at the above please?  If that fails, there isn't much more you'll be able to do and I'll let you know how you can send us your details so we can investigate from our side.

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Thanks gg30340 for your reply and for tagging Robbie.

Robbie, I've clicked the link several times in several different browsers (including incognito). First time, I entered the email address and clicked Next and the screen just went blank with only the headers remaining. Tried again in a different browser with the same result. Tried again and got 3 bouncing dots, which never proceeded. Then I managed to get to a screen that said the email had been found and did I want to change the Email password or BTID password (which is the first time I've had recognition that the email account exists). Selected Email and then the screen just went completely blank with no further info.

So a brief glimmer of hope, but to no avail. Can you advise what I should do next please? 

Many thanks for your quick reply.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

And just by way of a further update, I thought I'd try one more time and managed to get to the same screen asking if I want to reset my email or BTID password, selected Email and then had a security alert saying suspicious activity has been detected so the account is now locked (most likely because of my repeated attempts to get in!).
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@macjohnson I've sent you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings