cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 21

Error 'something went wrong'

Go to solution

Hi there, I have a btinternet email address and have today started getting the 'something went wrong' error on the web email service, but for some reason, emails are coming through on my iPhone.  It is weird though as I'm not receiving all emails on my iPhone and also when people try to send attachments, they aren't coming through at all.  Any ideas?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 21

Re: Can't login to my bt or email

Go to solution

Same here, and with all the family accounts.

Obviously something wrong at BT's end that they have failed to acknowledge as yet, but plenty of people have been reporting it:

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/bt-british-telecom/

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 21

Go to solution

Just started working (email and MyBT) here now.

Richard

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 21

Go to solution

Seems to be working now 

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 21

Go to solution

Checked and no line issues reported in our area and browser working normally.  However unable to sign into My BT or BT email - same message as others have reported "Something went wrong..."

However note that within last minute or two I have been able to get into emails.  BT have put up a message acknowledging some people are having issues and they are trying to resolve. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 21

Go to solution

Yes, I'm back in now, although there is now a banner on the log-in page stating:

We've had reports of a problem access BT Mail via webmail. If you can't access your email account via webmail, please use an Email client. We are working to establish what's wrong and will provide updates soon. Sorry if you're affected.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 21

Re: email down

Go to solution

Hi Everyone,

An issue has been identified whereby customers are unable to log into MyBT, BT Mail, BT Sport and BT Cloud and we're working to resolve this as soon as possible. I'm sorry for any inconvenience this is causing.

In the meantime, you may be able to use the MyBT App, BT Mail App, BT Sport App or BT Cloud App providing you're already logged in. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 21

Re: Error 'something went wrong'

Go to solution
started working again 5 mins ago
0 Ratings
Message 19 of 21

Go to solution

Working OK now.
It helps to keep a list of saved passwords in Windows (Edge) Then you know if, or when, there's an external problem....
These can be accessed from a Windows listing. You need your Windows PIN to access the list 😄

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 21

Re: email down

Go to solution

Email seems to be back up and running now thank you

0 Ratings