cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Cannot Send Mail

The connection to the outgoing server “mail.btinternet.com” failed. Additional outgoing mail servers can be configured

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Cannot Send Mail

check your server settings here  https://www.bt.com/help/email/manage-email-account/manual-settings/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoin...

what are you using to send mail bt app or using web mail?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi I’m using web mail, and have tried previous suggestions to log in/out without success

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

have you checked your mail server settings are correct with the link I posted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Yes appears to be okay

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

if using web mail have you tried a different browser

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

You have said you are using webmail, that means you must be using a web browser yet when you are asked to check the server settings you replied that they are OK. 

You can not check the server settings in webmail (using a web browser) you can only check/change them using either an email client or email app so can you please clarify which you are using.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Sorry appreciate your attempts to help me but I am confused with the jargon.

The settings must be ok as occasionally an email will send.

Also using Swan cctv which sends emails of detections using my btemail acct - again every few days this will work for a couple of hours then stop again.

i think it must be an outbox capacity related issue, imposed by bt ?

0 Ratings