cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Cant log into BT Email on laptop

Since BT recent changes = I can no longer log in to BT Email on my laptop - smartphone ok though.  Does not recognise my email address or password - having changed my password 5 times to try and reset - I am starting to lose my patience!! Anyone have any ideas - have tried google and bing - but no joy - how do I actually contact BT directly to get this sorted

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Cant log into BT Email on laptop

Hi @sazbatch Welcome to the community and thanks for posting,  I'm sorry you're having problems accessing your BT email. Is this happening on webmail or when using an email client on your laptop?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

I have had a similar problem starting yesterday (Wednesday October 11th). My laptop, running Windows 10, logs me on to e-mail all right, but my desktop, on XP (obsolete, I know, but it's essential for me) now goes through the early stages of logon (SAML etc), and then stops indefinitely at
 https://email.bt.com/mail/index-rui.jsp?v=MX_3.0.8.1-1#/
 with just the BT square logo and 3 revolving dots.

The laptop goes that far, and then moves on to 
https://email.bt.com/mail23/index-rui.jsp?v=MX_2.32.0#app/mail
and loads my inbox index.

I tried putting that address in manually on the desktop, but all it did was take me back to the login screen. I have spent many hours trying to report this, which is clearly a new software bug, but BT just runs automatic tests on my line, which has no problem. They say someone will call back within 20 minutes, but what happens is that 3 texts arrive on my mobile (2 hours after being sent) trying to schedule an engineer visit. They did ring back this morning, but nobody was there when I answered.

So I am wondering if anybody here has had a similar problem with the new interface?

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 9

Hi i`m also having the same problem logging into my BT Email just the BT square logo and 3 revolving dots appear and nothing loads. I have let this load for a good 30 seconds my computer is version Windows Vista .  It`s very odd as I have logged onto my BT emails fine on Windows 10 and Windows 7 the browser I have used is Chrome I have tried downloading another browser but the same happens with the BT square logo and 3 revolving dots.

BT can you please sort this problem out?

Many thanks

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

when I try to log in - its states that it does not recognise my email address or password - although works perfectly on my smart phone.  The only way I can log into my email is by going 'INCOGNITO' on google.

Message 6 of 9

Update from earlier I have deleted my history and cookies and it seems to be picking up the new version.
Sazbatch if you copy the link chrome://settings/clearBrowserData
go to time range click on the arrow pointing down and go to all time this will delete all your history from the last months years etc. exit the browser and reload Chrome now try and enter your email address and password and see if it takes you to the new version. Any problems message me back thanks Chris
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Chris19891 Did as you suggested - deleted cache and history -all time-  logged out of google - still says my email address or password incorrect!! Back to incognito.  

Message 8 of 9

Thanks Chris19891. I have deleted all my history and cookies, and Bingo! I can use e-mails again. Not an intuitive solution.

That will save hours hanging on the phone for BT to answer.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Your welcome glad I could help.

0 Ratings