cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

E mail log in

Go to solution

Hi I have changed my e mail address and log in for BT e mails. Since I changed it I can't access e mails on my phone and my account keeps getting locked. The password is correct as I can access on the PC and husbands phone....any ideas where I am going wrong???

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: E mail log in

Go to solution

I presume that when you say you have changed your email address and log in what you actually mean is that you have changed/set up a new email account which has a new/different email address from what you were using.

I say that because you can not change an email address of an email account.

You can of course set up a new email account which would have a different email address.

Hope that makes sense.

Can you confirm if that is the case or can you clarify what you do mean.

What type of phone are you using?

How are you accessing your email on your phone, is it with an email app or is it with a web browser?

Have you checked that if you are using an email app that you have the correct settings as per this link.

BT Email server settings | BT Help

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
BT contacted me to change my e mail and log in details for my e mail account. (was previously logging in with a talktalk e mail which we use for BT landline). Changed it to my BT e mail address and a new password. It works fine on our Pc and my husbands samsung phone but wont let me log in on my samsung phone...I put the correct e mail and password in but it just locks me out
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I have absolutely no idea what you mean. An email address is an email address, you can't change it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I haven't changed my e mail. I have to use a different e mail  to log into my Bt e mail account. Previously I used  Talk Talk e mail but had to change it to my BT email.  BT contacted me to change it as it has to be a different log in to our BT land line.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

All sorted now thanks for your replies. 

I uninstalled Bt on my on my phone...reinstalled it using new e mail and password and hey ho it works now

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks for the update @neilesh .

Great to hear you got it sorted and thanks for sharing that with the community.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings