cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

EE emails

Since moving to EE I can no longer manage my emails under My BT. If I click on manage emaiIs I get a message that says I am not the registered billingaccount holder. I rang the help desk and was told I would have to install Outlook Express and add all the emails individually. I feel this is a backward step, does anyone know how I can manage email accounts under My BT. Thanks in advance for all help received.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: EE emails

Unbelievable, the BT guides totally excelled themselves this time.

Outlook Express was discontinued many years ago and was a mail client which has absolutely nothing to do with managing your email but was used to collect email.

What is it you actually want to do with managing your emails?

Other than gifting or deleting addresses there is very little else you can do.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Hello thanks for reply. The advisor said Microsoft Outlook, not express, my mistake I'm afraid. What I want to do is to delete some old email addresses and start new ones. I used to be able to do this with My BT but not now. Thanks for your help. Brian.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

No mail client would allow you to do that, no idea why the guide suggested that!!

It is no longer possible to create new BT email addresses and if you stop using the ones you want to cease, they will get deleted after 90 days of unuse.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Thanks for your help liquorice, I hope BT reverses that decision. it seems a backward step. I pay £10 less moving to EE, but have lost out on the email service. Thanks for your reply. Brian.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

The Customer Service advisor obviously needs a lot more training.

You manage your email account through your MyBT and you can still set up new email addresses as long as you have not exceeded your total of eleven. 

See this link posted by a moderator of the forum.

What happens to my BT Email and BT Cloud if I move... - BT Community

Message 7 of 13

Hi @brian1974, sorry you received poor guidance when you called for help with your email account. 
If you need further assistance please use the 'Message now' option on this page Fix email | BT Help for the broadband technical helpdesk and they'll be able to advise you correctly.

Cheers

John

Message 8 of 13

I didn't think any new addresses could be created including adding secondary addresses to an existing account. Is that not the case?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

As far as I can recall

Since 26th October 2022 new customers do not get any BTMail email accounts.

Customers prior to 26th October 2022, if they have not already set up any BTMail email addresses they can not set up any now but if you already have at least one email account you can set up others to the maximum of eleven.

If you already have a BTMail email accounts and you leave BT Broadband your email accounts get downgraded to BTMail Basic. If you later return to BT your existing BTMail accounts can be upgraded to standard accounts but you can not set up any new ones.

Message 10 of 13

No wonder I'm confused, thanks for the clarification

0 Ratings