cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 16

Email access

Go to solution

I have spent hours over the past few days trying to get into my email. I keep getting sent round the houses - I log in to my BT account, click on email, put in my password and get sent back to the log in page for my BT account.  This goes on and on. I have tried via the app and online, have emptied the app cache numerous times, and have changed passwords several times. I am sent numerous passcodes, and am constantly being asked to verify 2 step authentication. I am stuck in a loop that I can't get out of. I have BT broadband and use standard email. 

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Re: Email access

Go to solution

Are you using your actual BT e mail address and email password to log in as BT have made changes to the way you access Mail accounts

https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?TARGET=$SM$https%3A%2F%2Fsignin1.bt.com%2Fbtmail%2Fsecure%2Femai...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 16

Go to solution

Yes, I am using the BT email address and password. I have also tried signing in first via my BTid but, whichever I try, it keeps sending me round in circles.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 16

Go to solution

I had the same issue. 

After a lot of rather conflicting and unhelpful advice from BT Trust and security - including switching off my router for an hour.....The way I fixed this:

The email address that was looping, was NOT my primary account email address.

I simply logged out of MYBT with that one, and relogged in using my primary account email. Then I logged back into my emails - on the other non primary email address.  

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 16

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply.  Unfortunately, both my main myBT and email account details were looping. 

I did finally resolve it by trying the email app again. This hadn't worked in the past, but does now work for some reason.

Message 6 of 16

Go to solution

Yes, the BT app apparently doesn't require 2 step Authentication. Happy days!

On your PC you will still have this issue until you break the link between BT email and MY BT, where the  primary email address is different to the one affected.  Just don't use the email account affected to login to MY BT.

Log in with your primary ID to MY BT and then login to your other email account on the PC. It'll work. 

That's where the conflict is. It's a bug and needs to be resolved. 

(To be absolutely sure, you can also shutdown your router for an hour just to resolve any IP address conflicts but I don't think that's the issue, as I still had problems after doing that.)

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 16

Go to solution

I don't know if you are aware of the way you log into your BT email accounts changed. There was information on the BTMail logon page but it has now been changed and is showing a different message.

See link about the change which may be relevant to this thread.

Changes to how you login to BT Email | BT Help

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 16

Go to solution
Yes that explains it in a roundabout way! It's as usual for BT making it too complex to easily understand. Overkill perhaps!
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 16

Go to solution

Still doesn't work on-line, I'm afraid. When I log in with the email address and password, it still sends me back to login with my BTID and set up 2 step authentication (which has already been set up numerous times). If I try my BTID first, then the email login, it sends me to 2 step authentication, then says it can't accept changes and to try again later. I then get a message to say that unusual activity has been detected and I have to reset my password. This has happened so many times that I'm running out of passwords. For a company that is supposed to be dealing in communication, their communication methods leave a great deal to be desired.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 16

Go to solution

Hi @gdandbg,

I'm sorry that you can't get in through the website.

It sounds like the two factor/step authentication has a prompt flag that needs cleared at my end.

I'll send you a private message so you can reply back to my team through. I'll have it looked into for you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings